Pirate 4x4 banner

My Beast, specs, pics, vids

11K views 66 replies 25 participants last post by  Jrod-13 
#1 ·
This is my '79 F-250 that use for mud competitions, no pavement pounding or trail ridin for this rig.

532ci BBF, C6, NP205, D60s chromoly shafts, detroit lockers, 4.88 gears. 6" suspension, 3" body (yeah yeah I know, but the 532 won't fit without it). 39.5" boggers on stockton wheels 12 wide with 2.5" backspacing (to clear the headers when turning). Body has been all redone after a nasty rollover. Griffin aluminum rad with Felx-a-lite efans in the box, with the fuel cell and dual optimas back there as well.

So far my best time has been a 4.72 in 200 feet, truck weighs in at 5300lbs so I figure that ain't too bad. But I'm always lookin for more so this build will never end.

Heres some pics

Motor on the dyno at Precision Racing Engines

and in the truck

And a few vids

gettin it runnin with the new motor\
YouTube - Firing up the 532ci BBF for a test run in the yard

First race with it (this one has been on here already)
YouTube - Fort Nelson '09 mud bog

last race I was in, bunch of the other guys in this one
YouTube - Teepee Creek Mud Bog 2009

See less See more
#4 ·
3" body (yeah yeah I know, but the 532 won't fit without it).
Really!? Weird, my 532 didn't need any body lift whatsoever. Pussy :flipoff2:

Oh, and its about time you signed up to Pirate :D

#6 ·
How the hell did you get yours to fit? You must have little girly stock valve covers...pussy:flipoff2: HAHA

I have to unbolt my brake booster and push it to the side to get the tall valve covers out for lash adjustments. Its a PITA but once I get the covers off and see all the hardcore running gear thats lurking beneath, its so worth it.

I've always just come on here and read the threads that interested me but never bothered to sign up. But what the hell, what could it hurt!! HAHA

" kinda cool to see the first pic with armoralled tires to the truck covered in mud... dont most mud people armorall their tires anyways to keep mud from sticking? "

I've heard of guys doing it for that reason, I just did it for the poser shot LOL.

#10 ·
you say "specs" and have a pic of it on the dyno but, no real specs. i want to see the tourque curve on a bbf stroker. i am getting close to building my own and am lookin round gathering info.

#12 · (Edited)
you say "specs" and have a pic of it on the dyno but, no real specs.
That's because I had to explain to him the difference between static and dynamic compression :D

Despite me giving him a hard time though, thats a bad ass Ford :smokin:

#13 ·
Valve covers are like stickers, the cooler they are the faster you go, right? or does that only apply to hondas and the rest of the jap crap??

The motor is as follows:

'71 Lincoln block, bored .080" over, cemented, ARP main studs, Canton girdle
Scat forged light weight 4.3" crank
Scat forged H beam rods, 6.8"
JE forged flat top pistons, dual valve reliefs
Comp solid roller cam, isky lifters, smith bro push rods, scorpion roller rockers, comp springs, ferrea valves (2.25/1.76)
TFS street heads, max ported by Scotty J, 75cc chambers
Victor intake, HVH 1" super sucker spacer
1095cfm demon carb
Maddog 2" headers, 3.5" collector, fender exits
runs on C12
MSD everything, timing locked out at 38*

And just to make the ghey guy smile:
Static compression is in around 12.8:1+...dynamic - I think ended up around 8.5:1 or less. If you're not sure on the difference between the two, I highly recommend you check it out and do the calcs to find yours out as well. It was a let down for me, but then I opened my dyno sheet again, and I felt much better. I will tell ya one thing though, that dynamic don't mean jack when your tryin to turn it over by hand for lash adjustments, its damn hard on universal joints, broke a few already.

#16 · (Edited)
It was a let down for me, but then I opened my dyno sheet again, and I felt much better.
No joke. I give you a hard time because I like your build and respect you (besides which, I know you from NWU which makes you cooler than most of these sorry ass nancies, lol); but the bottom line is that your Ford is badder as than 99% of anything else on this board. Not only a kick ass truck, props to you for freely giving up all your specs :smokin:

Hell, I'm not willing to do that so I'm more than happy to give you props for it :mr-t:

#15 ·
that'd be a blast, i will have storage options in edmonton towards the end this month, soo sometime after the 8th of augest around edmonton i'd be game, i'm also going to be hitting up rimbey again this year.

#21 ·
Thanks all, got another race on the 24/25th, hope to get another win if everything goes good. Gonna haul the beast out to my folks place for some valve lash adjustin, oil changin, and a test run or two to make sure everything is A OK.

Damn Terry, how the hell do you have so much room under there? Maybe its just me but it looks like you got way more room then I do!!

#22 · (Edited)
Damn Terry, how the hell do you have so much room under there? Maybe its just me but it looks like you got way more room then I do!!
HB Rockstar....Yer' BBF is awesome by the way:smokin:. There's a 3" body puck in there. Front clip off so semi-crippled,fat,handsome sneaky guy :D could get in there & work...maybe an optical illusion? delusion? flashback??
This BBF (429) is my first actual hi-compression engine/performance cam/"gnarly- slobbering" SUMBITCH. Learning more & more everytime I drive it.
Manual tranny really seems (to me) to accentuate "lopey" characteristics.
Headers & new exhaust sytstem will be goin' on shortly. Pro has offered to assist w/tuning my engine. He also has many high end carbs for me to sample.
Dizzy needs re-cuved yet. 30 degrees all in @ 3000RPM sound about right??
First pic shows L&L header,driver side, looking good for fitment. Passenger side is also good. These are Pro's former pipes.

#26 ·
I have a 3" body lift in mine as well, dunno why it looks like you got so much more room then mine LOL.
I'd try more timing, I was up to 34*@3000 on my 468, the 532 is locked out at 38*...which makes it just lovely to try and start.

This is the best pic I could find. The shackle was put on for my trail riding days, so the shackle may dissappear soon. They work great, no axle wrap, and still kept what little articulation I had LOL. But now that I just do mud racing the shackle is not neccesary. The frame mount goes on the outside of the frame, and along the bottom, bolted in.

#28 ·
myron, what size are the primaries and collectors on your headers?

Just curious as i've decided to build a set of bigger headers (built the orginally set but they only have 1 3/4" primarys and 3" collectors) i'm thinking of building the new set with 2" primaries and 3.5" collectors.

#31 ·
i know you guys spend lots of money on big engines and full size parts (ton crap etc) but ur trucks weight over 5000 pounds? why not save some money and lighten them up a lil?
Save money and lighten it up?? Does that even work in the same sentence LOL. Its not always cheap to make a big powerful truck light weight. Gutting is cheap or free, but after that it gets pricey. I have to run the 1 ton gear or lose for breakin, so I put the heavy shit where it is neccesary and try to lighten it up else where or atleast distribute the weight better. My truck weighs 5300lbs, but with the big motor it has no problems movin quick. I do plan to lose some weight this winter, mostly off the front, to help shift the weight more to the back so it'll hook up better.
I could have used a ranger body or something but I wanted to keep the '79 body since its in really good shape, plus it still looks streetable.

#35 ·
all i gotta say is all you guys with ur big cubed engines suck,soon as i get my ass outta debt im gettin a summit card and hittin the machine shop lol. nice truck just dont know about the matching headlight bezels

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.