Pirate 4x4 banner

My Beast, specs, pics, vids

11K views 66 replies 25 participants last post by  Jrod-13 
#1 ·
This is my '79 F-250 that use for mud competitions, no pavement pounding or trail ridin for this rig.

532ci BBF, C6, NP205, D60s chromoly shafts, detroit lockers, 4.88 gears. 6" suspension, 3" body (yeah yeah I know, but the 532 won't fit without it). 39.5" boggers on stockton wheels 12 wide with 2.5" backspacing (to clear the headers when turning). Body has been all redone after a nasty rollover. Griffin aluminum rad with Felx-a-lite efans in the box, with the fuel cell and dual optimas back there as well.

So far my best time has been a 4.72 in 200 feet, truck weighs in at 5300lbs so I figure that ain't too bad. But I'm always lookin for more so this build will never end.

Heres some pics

Motor on the dyno at Precision Racing Engines

and in the truck

And a few vids

gettin it runnin with the new motor\
YouTube - Firing up the 532ci BBF for a test run in the yard

First race with it (this one has been on here already)
YouTube - Fort Nelson '09 mud bog

last race I was in, bunch of the other guys in this one
YouTube - Teepee Creek Mud Bog 2009

See less See more
#37 ·
Thanks, just got through another race, took first place again. 3 races so far with the new motor and I've takin a first place at every one. But the season isnt over yet, my biggest one is in a week. I could lose at every other one, as long as I won at this race I'd be a happy guy LOL.

Heres the vid from this past weekend, theres only one of my runs on it (camera had a hangover and wasnt workin for round one LOL) Trucks covered in mud but its the only '79 ford in the vid.
YouTube - Bonanza Mud Bog '09

#45 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, the last race didnt go so good, had 2 bad runs the first day, way too much water in the pit and damn near drowned the motor (which is pretty tough to do when its pretty much completely covered in) but I did still get the fastest run of the weekend by a long shot the next day. Just wasn't enough to make up for lost time LOL. Ended up in fourth place, .48 seconds behind 1st, pretty tight race but thats why I love it HAHA!!

I'm running 39.5x18 boggers on all four, but that will change ASAP. These wide tires worked great with my last motor, but they're slowin me down now!!

#53 ·
I'm running 39.5x18 boggers on all four, but that will change ASAP. These wide tires worked great with my last motor, but they're slowin me down now!!
I was going to mention that... you really need some 38x11's on that thing..

#46 · (Edited)
vids man vids . . . .that said cut 38.5x15's :)

Now can i give ya hell that i've had 2 first place weekends in a row . . . and you haven't :flipoff2:

Sooooooooo you coming to rimbey :), other than the 2 cmro events know of anything else right around edmonton in september?

#47 ·
I don't wanna burst your bubble, but I've had 3 1st place in a row up until this last race HAHA.

I didnt get a chance to put a vid together, only 2 runs were recorded so I won't bother with it till the end of the season.

When is Rimbey? I know theres a big one at Sturgeon Lake Sept. long, I'm working that weekend and have never been there but from what I'm told, it is a big event 120+ trucks. But it is on a reserve, and I've heard and can be a challenge to go in there and race fairly.

#48 ·
rimbey is the weekend after sept. long (12th and 13th), if you come on down find some 38.5's or you'll be playing with the nitrous guys and that ain't fun. Sturgeon lake, in sask. right? If so thats getting to be to big of a hike for me.

I don't wanna burst your bubble, but I've had 3 1st place in a row up until this last race HAHA
But i have a perfect record, and i won my home town event :flipoff2:

#49 ·
rimbey is the weekend after sept. long (12th and 13th), if you come on down find some 38.5's or you'll be playing with the nitrous guys and that ain't fun. Sturgeon lake, in sask. right? If so thats getting to be to big of a hike for me.

But i have a perfect record, and i won my home town event :flipoff2:
Damn, thats the same weekend as the Sturgeon one (which is 45 minutes from Grande Prairie). I'm on call that weekend but may see if the boss will let me go play for that weekend.

Oh thats so cold LOL. For the past few years I've had bad luck at my home town race, not sure why. Guess I can't complain, I won it three years in a row before my luck ran out HAHA

#66 ·
All that means is that you didn't puss out and go with a weak cam. Good for you, and I feel your pain :D

So I stumbled across your dyno Sheet on another site... and all I can say is wow....
Yup, a solidly build 532 is still a comparatively small bbf stroker but it still more than represents compared to the rest of the bb world. I may be prejudiced, however :p

#67 ·
Thats what they do in the "open street" class back home by me, it helps, but really just makes people spend more money. The rules are 14" of vaccum @ 1000 rpm, single carb, factory iron heads. There is one truck with a BBC that is competitive, but the class is dominated by BBF's

My cousin runs a ranger in the class(best time of around a 4.7 in a 200 foot pit) Nothing to special, but it's a 12.2:1 466, with very worked D0VE heads, and is a solid 640HP/620ftlb motor, and finishes top 3 in the points every year.

i know a guy who used to run a 534, with iron cobra jet heads that dynoed at
734HP, while making 14" vaccum. So it can be done, it just takes some $$, and alot internal tweaking to make it happen..

Yup, a solidly build 532 is still a comparatively small bbf stroker but it still more than represents compared to the rest of the bb world. I may be prejudiced, however :p

Oh... I know... I've been around a few.. and plan on adding another 100 cubes to mine in the future...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.