Pirate 4x4 banner

Baustins new buggy build

83K views 454 replies 62 participants last post by  katesoffspring 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes I sold my blue jeep and im thinking of going a little more to the light weight side of things. this one wont be a 120" rockwell rock pounder like the last one but a fule tube buggy. I got most of the part in before i started building so I hope it will only take 3 or 4 months to build that is if my new wife Sabrina doesnt kick my out of the house for comeing in from the shop after midnight every night.

1.5" .120 DOM

will start out with a 2004 5.3 th350 and a Atlas 4sp

16" fox coilovers from
4" fox bump and cans
PSC double ended ram kit
Stazworks beadlocks
painless wiring
60 and a 14 bolt with 4.56 and detrots
PRP seats
Speedway brake line kits
art-car shifter
CNC brake pedels
CNC cutting brakes
griffen rad.
summit fuel cell
and much more

I havent come up with a name for it yet so help me out.
heres the pics

See less See more
#251 · (Edited)
I'm with Thumper on the cold.... it was -18* here in western Colorado this morning, and it is down to -19* already tonight..... Not to mention the 14-16" of snow we have on the ground! Don't know about Yukon.... but it only got up to a balmy 9* here and that was a little chilly for my fingers to function properly for extended periods!!!
I like the bump cans!! Those look pretty sweet and you can really see for sure where that front axle is lined up for the kick butt approach angle!! One thing I am wondering about is the axle end of it though.... are you planning on adding a thick landing pad for the bumps? Or did you use sufficiently thick walled material tubing on your truss? Also another thing with the landing pad I don't know for sure about and was wondering (aka another question for if you are going to employ one) is if the axle truss is curved downwards when it contacts the bump??
Just the observations I made and the thoughts that accompanied. Hope they are taken as constructive criticism :D from a friend!
Hope all is well and tell Dave and Judy hi for me! Merry Christmas to all of the Austins!!
Later brother!
- Matt

#252 ·
Its not -18 here makes me fill like a puss it was only 14* last night lol

I have a good stove in the shop. what sucks I get there at 6 start a fire and about 6:45 its starting to get nice n warm. when I painted my camaro last March it was 40* outside and I had it 95* in the shop it was HOT.

the front axle truss and Ram mount is made of 1.75 .150 wall. I will build the bump stop pads on the front and rear once it is running and driving and I can work the suspension and build it where they hit a flat serface on a jump or flexed out. ther rear bump pads will come off the upper link towers.

#254 ·
Glad that worked for the computer for you, he does good work IMO.

Keep us posted on when you are shaking down, and I'll sure tag along if no one cares.

Looking forward to it, means mine is back running again!!!!!!

Rig's looking great!!

#256 ·
see Brad if you wouldn't have gone hunting you might have been done with it by now and wouldn't have to work in the cold... it's lookin good. Going to be doing much work on it this weekend? I might try to come out if you are.[/QUOTE

plan on spending most of Sat. on it so come on buy

#266 ·
Well I don't find any pictures up this morning but I can verify that there was coals in the stove both on Thursday and Friday. Maybe he will get something posted up tonight. I know he won't this morning because Brad, Sabrina and MoM all headed to the woods to chase the doe's this morning.

I thought we would see some pics of Jenny's kill on here by now. She got her buck Thursday night with her Dodge Nitro------ OUCH!!!!!!!

#272 · (Edited)
not getting much done on the buggy this weekend. we got the biggest single show storm in the states history. with my Dodge stuck on 1 side of town trying to get to my fatherinlaws house for christmas dinner and my dad and brother getting the camo 4x4 chevy and one of our little jeeps stuck helping out a friend out. makes for a long weekend trying to get out of 5' snow drifts.We put moms purple jeep and dads big yellow to work

#274 · (Edited)
Rig

Lookin good, I like how the dash wraps around on the sides. Interior as a whole looks like it will be nice and clean. Nice work:smokin:

BTW, one thing about being in rock crawling or off-road in general is everytime we get a big snow up here I always think my one-ton diesel is worthless as far as getting around in the snow. I guess sometimes I think it should be able to go places my buggy does:shaking:

#275 ·
Lookin good, I like how the dash wraps around on the sides. Interior as a whole looks like it will be nice and clean. Nice work:smokin:

BTW, one thing about being in rock crawling or off-road in general is everytime we get a big snow up here I always think my one-ton diesel is worthless as far as getting around in the snow. I guess sometimes I think it should be able to go places my buggy does:shaking:
Thanks , i tried 3 or 4 things before i stuck with this dash i do like the lines

the funny thing was my dodge wasnt stuck the truck in front of me was stuck I tryed to pull him out but the white chevy came in behind me and got stuck. then the big storm hit and buried us all.

Very nice work in the Tank Trap and the frame twister , loved the footage

#277 ·
got a little done , Starting to paint the Chassis. I got the fan, fuel pump, optama and sent the computer off today to be tuned and picked up the rest of the front brakes today. im hopen to have it ready to start buy next week.

#280 ·
rig

I knew you were going to smooth that dash out after seeing the dragonfly dash:smokin:. I think black chassis with blue skins will look good and you will still be able to tell it's you

#282 ·
give me a call, your welcome anytime. you might see if you can be here for the big meat run March 12 13 14. just get here and well take care of everything else. ill get you a seat with mom or dad and you can stay with us in the toter home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.