Pirate 4x4 banner

Remington 1100 Plug Issue

9K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  zlathim 
#1 ·
I have a Remington 1100 shotgun in 20 gauge that is older than I am (Over 30). I'm planning to use it for various types of bird hunting. Therefore I need a plug for it. This gun originally belonged to my grandfather and had a wooden plug with it when I received it. The wooden plug won't fit inside the end of the magazine tube so I figured it was for a different gun. I ordered a new, plastic plug from midway. When I got the new plug it is the same diameter as the wooden one I have and therefore it won't work either. I don't know much about this gun so there is probably a simple explanation that my simple self cant figure out. I've attached some pictures to serve as visual aid.

Anyone have any insight for me?

I'm thinking of just whittling down the plastic one so it's skinny enough to work but I have to think there is a proper plug somewhere for this gun. The gun is virtually flawless by the way. It probably has less than 200 shells through it.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
#2 Pencil, cut to same size.
LOL Yep, worked perfect on my mossy 500, i threw my plug out thinking I would never use it, then i got invited to go pheasant hunting:laughing:. Pencil worked awesome for me, didnt have to cut it or anything.

#9 ·
My 11-87 didn't even come with the slotted spring retainer - I just slide the spring and plug in and screw the cap on... seems to work fine.

#10 ·
Hmmm, I've tried to pull the spring cap (the three pronged thing) out but it seems to be fixed in the tube. It started to bend when I pried on it a little. The plug I bought was for a 20 gauge model 1100 and the label on the package confirmed that.

What's the trick to getting the cap out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.