Pirate 4x4 banner

Steering arm bolt pattern.....

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  tsm1mt 
#1 · (Edited)
As best as I can measure, this is the bolt pattern for the steering arm studs on a flat top knuckle.

Can anyone verify these dimensions (or give me the correct ones if these are wrong). Don't want to ruin a good flat top.....

[New info 11-08-01] After finding Eric Ruhl's dimensions and double checking them with what I came up with, the angle in the above drawing is a little off. It should be 16.6992 degrees instead of 17. Sheeezzz I almost had it right............

See less See more
#2 ·
huh?

Damn, 16 views and not even a single :flipoff2: !!!!!

Did I stump y'all? :D Certainly somebody here has drilled a flat top knuckle for a high steering set-up. If you have a high steer set-up, what did you use for yours?

#7 ·
Re: huh?

TORC said:
Damn, 16 views and not even a single :flipoff2: !!!!!

Did I stump y'all? :D Certainly somebody here has drilled a flat top knuckle for a high steering set-up. If you have a high steer set-up, what did you use for yours?
I placed my high-steer arm on my knuckle, put a clamp on it, then clamped it into my drill-press vice. Bam, one hole. Moved the vice plate.. bam, two holes.. do you see what's coming? Rotated, made the third hole.

Removed the arm, ran my tap through the holes, installed the studs, then put the arm back down and used the tapered/conical washers, pulled out the torque wrench, and tightened down the 9/16-NF stover nuts.

Not very high tech, I admit.. but I don't have a CNC mill in my garage, so I made due with my Chinese drill press.

:flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.