Pirate 4x4 banner

how much can i eliminate? evap box? 1ton brake ?

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  jeremyg 
#1 · (Edited)
more 1 ton brake ?'s

i want to get rid of the black box( evap tank) that all the hose and sensors are hooked into, i know some of the sensors can most likely be tricked but how does it affect the truck in general? will it start and run?

we dont have emissions tests here in colorado and i need the room under the hood, dont know much about how all that stuff works

99 tacoma,stock 3.4l, all the stuff is right in front of the driver fire wall,black box with lots of hoses and sensors hooked into it
GOT THIS ONE ALL SORTED I THINK

need some more info on this:

got a 1/14 mc and am wondering about the lspv stuff and what is the easiest and most simple way to get rid of that stuff? there is a ton of hoses and fittings etc...

#2 ·
#6 ·
so did the loop with the 2 small and 1 large hoses T'd together, vented the one hose, plugged the hose to the air box( can the charcoal filter on the intake go away as well?)what to do with the crank case vent? if that box goes, just vent i will assume, the hose that says delete runs into the frame (where does it go?), it that the gas tank and the other hose that has vent pictured need to flip flop? these were my only ?'s, seems i am missing something in those pics

#10 ·
I'm not by my rig, but let's see if I can answer your questions.

Yes, you can delete the intake canister.I have a custom intake tube, so mine may be different, but... There should only be one hose vented, that's the one that goes to the gas tank through the frame. There's a line coming off the top of the intake manifold, cap that. The only other hose you should have goes from the intake tube to the PVC, maybe that's the one that comes off your intake canister, if so just vent it.
If this does'nt help I'll get more pics info when I get home

#11 · (Edited)
i kind of understand what you said there, so i need to vent that first hose that runs into the frame, i fiqured that was the gas tank, i vented the other one that is shown in the pics from that link, is that the one you are saying cap off? i have one hose that went from the air cleaner tube black box into the evap can and one into the back of tha manifold whoich i will assume is the crankcase vent, just vent it most like(is that gold disk the pvc on these?), i think i got all the others right if those pics are correct

#12 · (Edited)
Leave the one that is connected to the throttle body where it's at (connected to the VSV)... It's not crankcase vent, I'm not actually sure what it's for :homer: Vent the one from the frame (fuel), delete both the air drain hose, and the hose from the air cleaner (the two on the left if you are standing on the drivers side looking over the canister). Loop the rest together with all the vapor pressure sensors plugged in. You have a 5vz, so some things are a bit different, (fuel hose is ran in a loop with the vapor pressure sensor on some years) but that's basically it. Here's a pic of my clusterfuck before cleaning it up (3rz)

Also look at Shefrons http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9204934&postcount=66
See where he has "plug this", and "vent this" ?
Delete the one that says "plug this", vent the one that says "vent this" Look at the lines he has drawn in red. The red "leg" on the right needs to be coupled to the red "leg" on the left with a "T". Look closely under the "leg" in the center, there's a small hose underneath that goes in the other part of the "T".

#17 ·
anyone got any more info on what needs to be done to take out the rear porportioning valve and all the extra fittings to get this gm master working? can one or both of the hard lines be kept and used to replumb everything? dont want to have to make a whole new line for that if i can avoid it etc...

#19 ·
just really dont know much about how all that works and dont want to mess it up too bad, gonna start at the mc and work my way back, i have the sky metric to standard adapters and i will for sure need others to get this done once it all comes apart, iam a do it right the first time guy and i dont have much time left

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.