Pirate 4x4 banner

Anyone Up For Tomorrow? (snow 'wheeling)

10K views 66 replies 30 participants last post by  UGET IT 
#1 ·
Is anyone planning on running up through Georgetown tomorrow 4/3? Looks like there is going to be a break in the storm. Anyone interested? Wondering what the snow level is at - anyone know?

#9 ·
None of last weekend...it was a quick in andout, test run for Scott. Been up several times this winter though...here ya go:

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
Went up on Friday, went almost to Walker and then back over to the top of Postpile before we headed back out Loon. It was warm and beautiful, but the top of the snow was slushy. Bad consitions for wheeled vehicles.

About a foot of new from the last storm series when we dug down to look. Musta been windy during or right after the storm...lotsa wierd drifts and cool wind patterns...

I'll go back in after this series of storms and let ya know how it looks.

edit: the melt hasn't started yet, but water is starting to move under the snow. Lots of holes where water crosses the trail.

#26 ·
Went up today, took the cat as far as Walker and then snowshoed to sluice. Weather was beautiful, snow is starting to get its melt on pretty good, but we have another cold storm tomorrow, so that will delay it some. I think the melt will start in earnest within a week after this storm as long as it's the last one (looks like it from the weather forecast).

Little Sluice today

Attachments

#33 · (Edited)
About 45 minutes, but I'm old and fat :flipoff2:

Actually, I go pretty good, the snow was just heavy, and I went the high line to the south of the trail, which takes a bit longer. On the way out, I went from the cabin, across Spider, and picked up the high line to the south of sluice...that took maybe an hour.

One more...the Georgetown Ditch

Attachments

#34 ·
i'm impressed with your pics and your travel time-reminds me of my younger days when i used to walk barefoot in the snow uphill in a blizzard carrying my books and my younger brother on my back to school every day:flipoff2: see you this summer on some f.o.t.r. work parties! thanks for sharing some winter pics of the con with us.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.