Pirate 4x4 banner

Buick Tubro V6???

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  binderbound 
#1 ·
I just acquired a buick tubro V6, what say you about it for a Scout. Thinking about the motor with a 700R4/Dana 300. I have searched around and have not found anything on this combo. Will the motor have enough nut to drag a SOA ScoutII down the road? The Dana 300 has a 4to1 kit so I think it will be good for the limited off road trails it will see. I know these were bad ass in the Grand Nationals, so I am thinking it will be light weight, fuel efficient, and all around sweet for a Scout.

#3 · (Edited)
Hopefully it is an 86 or 87 intercooled version.....

The 84 85 fuel injected ones are the next best, but do not have quite the giddy-up the intercooler vesions have.

Run it!

#7 ·
Dad's got a NA 231 Buick in his yota. It moves that thing on 35's around damn well. I've got no doubts that it'd spin the 35's if it had a manual tranny, it already does in the rain with the auto. (granted it has no weight over the rear) It gets up and goes pretty good to 65 with the a 35's and 4.10's, but runs outta RPM. The tranny shift points are way off too, so it shifts to 3rd way before it should.

I'd think it'd be plenty of power in a scout, and IIRC they're fairly easy to mod. Then again, the scout is gonna weigh a bunch more than the single cab yota with a wood flatbed and no body armor/bumpers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.