Pirate 4x4 banner

Welcome Newbies! Check in here.

234K views 1K replies 1K participants last post by  GroundEater 
#1 · (Edited)
If you're a newbie to this forum, please check in here and tell us a little bit about yourself. If you would, give specs on you're cruiser/s and where you're from. Thanks,

Jeff

#202 ·
Hi my name is Jamie and I live in a one horse town called Burekup in Western Australia. Where I live It's not a matter of wether you like Cruisers or not, It's wether or not you want to walk home!!Here we have a diverse range of seriously hard terrain that will challenge any 4x4, so naturally, Cruisers are everywhere. I have an '82 HJ 47 Troop carrier with all the bits that you need and I know it'll get me where I'm heading and get me back again. I come from a long line of Cruiser junkies so, I've been working on them and driving them since I was Knee high, and I know a fair bit about them. Anyone into Land Cruisers is O.K. in my book, so I hope to hear from you all.
Keep Cruisin'
Jamus. :jeep:
P.S. Interested to hear from you so Email me at
JWMSomerville@msn.com

#203 ·
My name is Julian, and i live in a nice little town, bend oregon. I have 2 land cruizers right now, a fj-60 that im selling, and my baby fj-40 i just got on friday. She has lockrites front and back, a stroker 383, sm420, onboard air, super swamper 35 14.5 boggers, soa, front and back wrap bars, dual optima red tops, and disk brakes all the way around with catalac calipers.

#204 ·
Hey what up i'm a newbie just checking in with you guys. I'm 18 and i have owned for about 2 years a 1965 fj40 i still have the stock F motor but have coverted it to power steering and added chevy comaro tilt wheel column. It also has a leaf over and right now 35x12.50 BFG's on it (I'm hoping soon to get a set of 35x16 Swaper Boggers. And about 2 months ago i put it on its side. I got luck all i did was ruin the hard top no body damage. Also how do you add pictures to these things.

#205 ·
Newbie RollCall

Hi,

Name is Guppie, from San Diego. Bought a lcruiser back in high school with my dad and have been working on it ever since. that was in 1990. I am rebuilding the cruiser now, have probably another 6 months and have spent around 6 months. There are parts in the kitchen, bathroom, office, etc. I need to finish or my cat and my girlfriend will leave me! My website address is below for pics if anyone is interested.

guppie

1973 FJ40
San Diego, CA
99 V8 Vortec/SM465/SAG PS/33'BFG MT/Ranger OD/Stock TC/ARB's F+R/Onboard Air/4' Lift/Rear Storage/Soon to be Beige with Black Trim!
http://www.imagestation.com/members/1973Guppie
:p

#206 ·
Newbie Rollcall

Hi,

Name is Guppie, from San Diego. Bought a lcruiser back in high school with my dad and have been working on it ever since. that was in 1990. I am rebuilding the cruiser now, have probably another 6 months and have spent around 6 months. There are parts in the kitchen, bathroom, office, etc. I need to finish or my cat and my girlfriend will leave me! My website address is below for pics if anyone is interested.

guppie

1973 FJ40
San Diego, CA
99 V8 Vortec/SM465/SAG PS/33'BFG MT/Ranger OD/Stock TC/ARB's F+R/Onboard Air/4' Lift/Rear Storage/Soon to be Beige with Black Trim!
:p http://www.imagestation.com/members/1973Guppie Noastoy@san.rr.com

#207 ·
hey guys,
i'm jonathan. i got my 72 fj40 last summer and have slowly been gettin it into working order. it gets me back and forth to home, so i'm happy with it now.

i'll post a pic later when i'm back in the dorm.

i just got finished puttin in an HEI distrib, and it rocks.
y'all have a good one

jonathan

#208 ·
Hi my name is Tony

I live in sacramento, can't wait to get a little closer to the hills.
I had a 83 yoat, but one terrible night i got terribly to drunk and could not see very well. I was coming dow this trail, it was dark...so dark:( ... I could not see very well. Well just my luck there about a 5 foot drop and i rolled end over end. I had jus put my 36 inch super swamps on, rebuilt my rear end. anyway back to ther point. I had to be back to work the next day, so i had to leave so i can get ahold of my comrade at work to come and pull my stupid ass out. When we got back EVERYTHING WAS GONE!!!!!
Engine, tires, rear end, front end, leaf springs, t-case,tranny,shocks,exhaust, everything right down to the fuckin frame. I had no choice but to pull off the V.I.Ns, plates and grind off the V.I.N # on the frame and cut my losses. That was one of the hardest things i ever went through. Right now i am looking for another yoat. I found a full size k5 i think i am going to get for now, it's a LITTLE larg but i will make do. I also learned a huge lesson from all of this. I need to have more respect for my rig, and i need not to drink so much, last but not least i HAVE to learn how to call it a night. I will never leave my rig anywhere ever again, i will bumb it if i have to.

AnywaysI am 20 years old. I haveonly been wheeling for about 1 year. Never reall got to go out that much either. can't wait to get my next money pit. all i want to do in my life is mary my little valkyrie and wheel every day of my life. ;) someday!!!!!

I also wanna let you guys know that you have done an excellent job with the web site, i have learned alot from you and your members. keep up the good work. RaHoWa!!!!!

#209 ·
Hi...I'm new

My name its Rico, I live in Utah, Oringinally for Panama. I bought an fj40 form a guy for $1000. Minor rust, no body damage, and he thought it was running bad. I took it home change the oil, new spark plugs, you know, the basic tune up, and it runs great. I got all of the rust fiber glassed, it primed and ready for paint.

I did a front disc brake conversion with my buddy Kevin and we will be doing the rear discs as soon as I convince my wife to let me spend the money.

I'm hoping I can get the rear discs on soon so I can take it to moab. If you happen to be there and see a cruiser with a homestar sticker, all primer and a brown guy driving it, make sure to say hello. ;)

#210 ·
Newbie Checking In

Toby in Martinez California. Currently have 1983 FJ60. Trying to sell to make room for 73 FJ40. I am a stay at home dad and used to paint cars for a living. Got my first cruiser after I did a paint job on a fj40. Please buy my 60 so I can get a 40 to fix up.

Toby

#211 ·
hullo, im cody, i live in san diego, but i hail originally from washington state grew up around cruisers, my dad had a nice 75 fj40, well was nice untill i roled it going about 45 mph, ouch!anyway i have a 1970 fj40 with a 4inch lift, 33in tires, bikini top and half doors, im in the process of pulling the engine and tranny, want to put a 350 in, and a chevy tranny.also would like to do a front disc brake conversion. hopefully it will run again. well thats me in a nutshell, glad to have found this forum.----fjfreak

#212 ·
Hola

I have been collecting cruisers lately and have had some friends posting questions for me. I finally decided maybe I should join and ask the Newbie questions for myself.

It all started about 11 years ago when I spotted my 63 FJ40 at a friends Dad's house. I was home on leave from the Navy, actually on my honeymoon, and purchased it on-the-spot for $1000.00. It's been an addiction ever since.

My most recent acquisition is an 84 FJ60 "donor" vehicle (last week) for my 65 FJ45 LWB p/u (week before last).

Now I have a dilemma, do I restore the FJ45 to stock or put the 60 drive train under it?

I can put the 60 drive train in my 73 FJ55, which is my daily driver, and is 100% stock except for the Toy 4spd mated to original t-case off the 3spd transmission. Take it's F and stick it in the FJ45 and keep the 3-on-the-tree.

Too many options...

#213 ·
My turn...

Howz it going? I'm new to 4-wheelin. I've always liked LC and Land Rovers finally found myself in a position to buy one. Then I decided I didn't want to get stuck on the side of the road with those "other" Landies. I ended up with a 86 FJ60. Now I'm totally addicted. Not one month after I had it, an OME suspesion found its way on to the rig. I'm already contemplating my next ride... can't decide between a 40, 60 or 80. I guess you all are going to have to help me :beer: . Great board!!

Chuck
:usa:

#214 ·

hello there, finally decided to get rid of that damn hotmail account and quite lurking around the BB. :emb: Great site. My 62 is on 2.5 OME springs and shackles(man-a-fre 2.5 kit, spendy but happy) and 315/75R16 (35x12.50s) YokoGeolanders. Other stuff too but thats what makes it go. Wanted to say hi.

#215 ·
Re: newbie

erfworm said:
hello there, finally decided to get rid of that damn hotmail account and quite lurking around the BB. :emb: Great site. My 62 is on 2.5 OME springs and shackles(man-a-fre 2.5 kit, spendy but happy) and 315/75R16 (35x12.50s) YokoGeolanders. Other stuff too but thats what makes it go. Wanted to say hi.
welcome newbie! :flipoff2: ;)

#216 ·
Greg is the name from san mateo, CA ....just got my first cruiser... it's a 1994 fzj80...used to have an 86 runner...automatic...hence the "dogrunner"... damn thing couldn't get out of it's own way...I miss it anyways...sigh. Love that 4.5 inline six on this new cruiser....sucks ass on gas is only thing. Anyways thanks for the space and hopefully yall cruiser people are as cool as the runner people.:flipoff2:

#217 ·
Newbie checking in

Hi, newbie here.

No cruiser yet. I have a 2000 TJ as my daily driver. I do easy to moderate trails in the So Cal area.

Been wanting an FJ40 for about 8 years now. Hopefully will be able to get one shortly.

Thanks,

Sean.

#218 ·
Howdy,

I decided I haven't been wasting enough time on the computer so I thought I'd sign up here too.

I live in the Portland, Oregon area and I have a 1988 FJ62 with a 2000 vortec 5.3L and 4L60E trans. It has a spring over with 35's. It also has an extended range fuel tank. I am currently building a swing-out rear tire carrier and I need to figure out how to build a fan shroud. Anyone got any ideas?:confused:

#219 ·
Hi to all

lurking for awhile, new guy. 1973 FJ40 that is a moneypit and that I spend all my time working on. Currently doing a fairly extensive rebuild. I have been active on the LCML for awhile now. Some pics of my rebuild and truck when it actually did something other than sit in my driveway and piss my girlfirend off:

later,

Guppie

#220 ·
Hey I'm Justin and I've got a 67 fj40 that is in the process of comming out of hybernation again. It is sitting with a TPI injected 350, and a sm465 to the stock transfer. I got it when I was a senior in high school as a rolling good body and put it together but this winter I got sick of carbarators and went tpi. While at it I put an air locker up front moved the lockrite to the rear installed longfields did a spring over on the old man emu spring and a shackle reversal. I'm a little worried about how tall it is but I really needed the frame clearance. I am going to school as an engineer now so time is numbered.

#222 ·
Hi, I'm Simon.
I live in St. Louis, MO. I've had my 76 FJ55 for about 7 years now but haven't realy started doing much with it untill recently other than using it as a daily driver. I put a 4" suspension on it about 2 years ago after my pass. rear leaf broke at the shackle. Since then I did 33x12.50 MTs on black rock crowlers, Scout power steering, rear lock-rite, and am in the process of doing a high compression rebuild. I plan to put TBI on it eventualy. I've got the parts but don't want to expiriment on a fresh rebiuld that hasn't been broken in yet. I also plan on doing the 2x4 rockers since mine are on the verge of non existance, and a custon rear bumper with spare tire carrier and side protection.

#223 ·
Hey,
This is Mike in San Jose, I have had my '67 for the last 8 years. Over the past 4 years I have hardly touch my cruiser because I am always busy doing something else.
Just recently I have decided to reinvest my funds and my interest to keeping my '67 running and may be start doing some off roading with it.
It is pretty much all stock and in beautiful original, rust free, condition. (Minus the bad respary from the original owner many years ago).
What's planned: electronic ignition, brake boosters, 3 points seat belts, a minimal roll cage.
Overall I like to keep my rig as stock as possible, they come perfect, why mess with it.

photos of my rig:

http://www.geocities.com/zarlink02/

this board rocks!!

Mike

#224 ·
New member.

Male '51, North Dakota.
FJ60 '85, all original, 124,000 miles.
No suspension mods--no hills or rocks where I live and drive.

R Lenzmeier
Fargo, ND

#225 ·
My name is Jonathan Henderson. I'm 18 and have owned my cruiser for about a year now and am loveing every minute of it. Its a 1965 fj40, leaf over, F engine, weber carb and 35x12.50 BFG's.

Here is it being flex and my freinds work.

I have 30" of articulation front and rear.

#226 ·
My name is Chris. I am in Texas, DFW area. I have a 76 FJ40. Running a sb350 and currently installing an sm420 and 3 speed t-case, FJ60 power steering, 4 wheel discs, 4 inch Rancho lift, 2 inch body lift, custom built front and rear bumpers and rollcage, Warn XD9000i winch up front, on-board air via york ac pump and a couple other little things.
I'll try not to cause to much trouble while I am here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.