Pirate 4x4 banner

Who is in for Werock east?

5K views 73 replies 32 participants last post by  zukman86 
#1 ·
Wondering who is going to be in for werock east this year expecially unlimited... Havent been many competitors last few years, trying to decide on running this series or going in another direction.

#3 ·
In for promod for at least a couple of events- as many as we can make.

#6 ·
I've not heard from anyone on the east in the Unlimited class that is not returning next year.... also have heard from some that did not compete this year or for the last 2 that they were coming back out.

We believe that 11-15 unlimited cars will be common in 2011 on the eastern side.

In fact some might be suprised at Dayton when they see just who is entered in Unlimited again..... guys better sharpen their team work, one of the best ever is setting their sights on making a come back :D

#8 ·
In fact some might be suprised at Dayton when they see just who is entered in Unlimited again..... guys better sharpen their team work, one of the best ever is setting their sights on making a come back :D[/QUOTE]

Randy Torbett or Matt Deas?

#11 ·
In fact some might be suprised at Dayton when they see just who is entered in Unlimited again..... guys better sharpen their team work, one of the best ever is setting their sights on making a come back :D

Randy Torbett or Matt Deas?[/QUOTE]

or.....shupee, styles? i dont think it is deas or styles i have talked to both recently. brad sold his buggy and matt does not even own anything to compete in.

#27 ·
maybe. getting ready to tear the buggy down and refresh everything. i might do dayton or raush creek. i wont ever go back to hannibal that place hates me. still have a problem with entry fees being so high, main reason for not competing last year. with the economy and me not making the money i was its hard to justify spending that kind of entry fee. i use to pay the entry fees and not blink, harder to turn lose now.

#14 ·
We'll be back in Promod, will have Branden or Chuck with me most of the time. Kyle is supposed to be having his own promod ready and Derek should be back as well.

#15 ·
The CGYS Motorsports crew should be back as well for the full season. Promod and Stockmod:smokin:

#20 ·
All of that info is written on our website and can be found on the schedule page or the rules page....

entry fees will remain the same for 2011 as they were in 2010. payouts will be the same format as well.

#23 ·
Payout schedule is under general rules on page 10

Exhibition entry fees are a flat $200 no exhibition in F-toy

2011 entry forms will be posted by the end of the year

Series points will change... all teams entered into an event will get series points, (exception is exhibition entries). Even if the team only competes at 1 event.

#26 ·
spoilers???? have you thought that out? It's been a while, but last time it was hashed to death it was deemd to be a bad idea wasn't it?

#35 ·
get in line:flipoff2:

I had no trouble keeping track of the east coast promod scores this yr, mine and everyone elses.

I'm for whatever makes it a tighter race and not being over till it's over, makes for higher stakes with more teams "in the hunt" til the very end.

Anyone remember how tight the 07 promod east race was? Came down to the very last event, ended up being tied in points and going to the tie breaker. would not have been nearly as intense otherwise. if I had not given Rusty my spare tranny to finish the event, he would not have finished between Danny and I and Danny would have taken the series by one point. (How's that for Karma??)

let me magnify the effect.... In the early yrs of RROCK, you took your event score for series points. Added them. by yr end the front guy can be so far ahead he does not need the last event.

If somebody can't swing the upfront fee, let them commit with a cc, knowing it will be hit with the fee at every event. There are ways around the challenges Big speaks of.

I'll show up no matter what, but I'd rather have a tighter points race.

#36 ·
i was the under the desitnct impression series money HAD to be in before the comp. or you were just paying towards the series purse with the increased per event fee? and if they don't want to be in the series then i don't see that knowing what their series score would have been if they had committed for the series is important. their placing at the events that they do compete in is readily availble - besides after they miss 1 event = they look like a terrible team in the series anyway.

#37 ·
I don't know if I have any room to talk, seeing as we can't commit to the whole year like so many others, but I feel that those who put out the considerable effort/ time/ money to support the series all season long should be "rewarded" so to speak. Without their commitment, the series as a whole takes on a much less professional and consistent appearance for the fans and sponsors. Their chase for event podiums and, ultimately, a season championship should not be spoiled by teams that come and put on a good show but, for whatever reason, don't make the same commitments to a series as others. I understand the logistics may not take care of themselves but the only way I see to maintain and grow is to take care of the teams that continue to compete event after event. The consistent competitors deserve every chance at the season podiums that they can create for themselves. I feel very fortunate to run at events of this caliber and my sponsors appreciate it too, but the chance to just run, or make the shootout, or grab an event trophy is more than enough to keep us coming back. I, for one, don't want to spoil series points for anyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.