Pirate 4x4 banner

22RE EGR removal and aftermarket temp guages

37K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  94toytruck 
#1 ·
I have a 92 22re and a buggy wiring harness from Davez.

I thought I'd share some tech since most of these photos have been deleted in my searches for this same info.

this is my fan controller
I put it in the M16-1.5 fitting where the factory gauge was hooked up between injectors

the adapters create a heat sink and the fans don't turn on soon enough the first time.

The adapter is from www.mcmaster.com

See less See more
#40 ·
I just pulled all my unneeded vac lines and welded all the ports shut. I also cut the back of the intake off where the egr bolted. I made a plate and welded it all up.

Attachments

#42 ·
adjust your air flow meter a couple clicks loose to add more fuel
EGR Exhaust Gas Recirculation puts exhaust gas during part throttle which takes up the space of fresh air in the combustion chamber .... because there is less air less fuel is needed to maintain 14.7:1 AF ratio so often when you remove an EGR the vehicle will seem hesitant during part throttle like drivability gets worse because its running a little leaner then it did with a functioning EGR

on some old fuel systems I used to tune, which did not have any RAM ... learnability and used a hot wire air flow sensor which couldent be adjusted so I edited the file (tuned the ECU) around the removal of the EGR
really the EGR is a fuel saving device which dosent operate at full throttle usually so it dosent cost power... it cools the combustion chambers and reduces NOX emissions

anyway a little tech on EGR which is probably totally useless here but if anyone was cuurious
have a great weekend
JAK

#43 ·
Sorry to dig up an old thread ....

This pertains to what I am currently trying to do .

I have a throttle body that I have removed all the emissions tubes from currently.

How did you go about welding up the holes ?

Also has anyone had any experience with eliminating the IAC valve from the bottom on the throttle body ?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.