Pirate 4x4 banner

what box should i do

The 76 shit build.

23K views 144 replies 31 participants last post by  chevy76 
#1 ·
Every one on this site is saying "o shit its him again" but no it will be better i'm going to post all the pictures of my truck up with there is a bout 3 pages worth. This one wont end up like my other thread 5 god dam pages of fricken non sense. 1 role i'm going to have, don't talk shit about my grammar u can talk shit about my truck ::D:D

On with my truck. It was about 2 years ago when my dad passed it on to me. It was his wheeler so it was quite up screwed up, when I got it, it had his small block in it that was his baby though. There was a lot on money spent on that motor, you all know what I mean. The motor mounts were cracked it looks like the old owner tried to weld it but failed miserably so I just fully re did it all.

The first thing we did was rip the whole body off it was as useless as tits on a jelly fish, there was rust every were. I grinded down the chassis and painted it with POR15. After that was don't we went out and hunted down a cab, that was a bitch to. There is not many trucks like that left there getting harder and harder to find. But I found one. It was funny because my dad handed the keys to me and said there is the truck go rip the cab off. Lol I did that and I will just write when I put the pictures up.

#65 ·
Once again today I got nothing done on it but I do have some ideas for it. I would like to do cross over steering, take the sway bar out like (geo in a k5) said to do. I will do a steering box frame brace when I do the small block.

I will update it soon. Im hoping this week I will get my break lines so then i can put them in and move the truck around.

#66 · (Edited)
Update.… The last few days I have been re doing the dash cluster\wiring mess. It looked like a rats nest when I got it. I tore it all out and put all new stuff in witch now it all works. And I got a loggers box. I was going to go with something else but i'm getting it quite cheap, should have that soon. I will get pictures later

#71 ·
I love "build it for me" threads.

so.. zebra stripe it like Ted Nugent did his bronco.

put bumperstickers on it that say "I'm Gay and give reach-arounds", that will get you some opinions.

be sure to have some truck nuts hanging off the trailer hitch. but also be sure to put some lipstick on and give em a smooch.... and get another bumpersticker that says "Getting Tea-Bagged Rocks".

#72 ·
:lmao::lmao:......im still laughing at that grumpy.

#80 ·
yeah ill get to you in a bit. i thnk i might go with amarican racing wheels.
i would ditch the 3" blocks and about half of the leafs in your rear leaf pack in favor of a shackle flip
3 inch blocks are goin i will just go with just arked springs sinch its a pavment bitch
Logger box would look mint on that truck!! Keep up the buildin!
im picking it up this week!!!!

#81 ·
losing a couple springs and a shackle flip will give you such a better ride. the only advantage to your current set-up is you can throw your house in the bed of your pickup without it sagging

#89 ·
today i went up to lordco to get.....U-joint,head lights,trans fluid and i order a glass pack. so got home started my truck up and i was poring trans fluid it and boom. The trans line exploded, nice right hell of a mess so tomorrow im going to pic up some line to make a new trans line and my glass pack.

#97 ·
Hey that looks good. I want more pics
thanks ill get some when the box is lowered and mounted on the truck.
Don't pick your cab up by the doors, don't ask me how I know not to do that.
I like that loggers box, looks like a beefy version of a stepside.
i sling a fat rope threw the whole cab. works fine i need new doors anyways but these ones still open and shut... lol
the box i like a lot its really heavy to. my dads excavator has a tipsy time lifting it onto the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.