Pirate 4x4 banner

Last solid axle year for Toyota

33K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  FatA$$ Toyota 
#1 ·
Last solid axle year

I am searching for a solid axle 4Runner and I can't find a definite answer on the last year so I don't waste my time calling/looking at an IFS truck. I heard and don't know if it's true that it was 1985 but there could have been IFS 4Runners built this year as well.

Thanks in advance guys

#12 ·
BajaBilly said:
There were no 85 IFS Toy's released in the U.S.
People often take the manufacture date in the door jamb as the year of the vehicle and in this case there were IFS toys manufactured in late 85 but sold as 86 models. I think vehicles made in june or july or later are sold as next years models. Not quite sure which month is the cutoff or whether all manufacturers use the same month.

#14 ·
Re: Last solid axle year

FSRBIKER said:
II don't waste my time calling/looking at an IFS truck.

why don't you want a wider rear end, ifs steering box mounted for hysteer? or do you want crappy push pull steering and a stiff ass suspension. you need crossover with flexy suspension so now you need to mount an ifs box on your 85 frame. and good luck finding an 85 they are "usualy" hard to find not trashed. also its easy to sas an ifs truck/ 4runner sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people have done it... and i am about to do it.:flipoff2:

#17 ·
Pitter the reason i want to start with a solid axle is this is going to be my daily driver and occasional wheeler not my trail rig....for that I have my 69 Bronco which is in the process of getting ready for the trails this spring. Some day I will take the 4Runner I buy to this level and buy another DD but I want the best of both worlds right now if possible.

#20 · (Edited)
FSRBIKER said:
...and your as round as one.

oh the love in here is making me weep :flipoff2:

Your just jealous because I'm not a fawkin retard like you are.

Do you understand the answer to your question now?? Do you still need help with it??:flipoff2:

#21 ·
Wilson said:
I'm waiting to see what the guys from 'straya have to say:flipoff2:
We still had em right up till '96 :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

They are a dime a dozen over here. I actually just finished chopping up and dumping a solid axle 4runner :D

And i also just chopped up my '93 dual cab and dumped the body from it :flipoff2:

Attachments

#22 ·
Considering you couldn't even answer the question I think it's time the little yellow bus stopped at your house again each morning and picked you up for coloring classes....remember try and keep it within the lines.

Oh yea thanks to everyone for the info, those who PM'd me to give me more advice on what to look for thanks as well.

FatA$$ Toyota said:

Your just jealous because I'm not a fawkin retard like you are.

Do you understand the answer to your question now?? Do you still need help with it??:flipoff2:

#24 ·
FSRBIKER said:
Considering you couldn't even answer the question I think it's time the little yellow bus stopped at your house again each morning and picked you up for coloring classes....remember try and keep it within the lines.

Oh yea thanks to everyone for the info, those who PM'd me to give me more advice on what to look for thanks as well.

Gawd man, you are a fawkin idiot. Look at the 2nd post. It says 85 you stupid ass. You must have the IQ of a slab of concrete. Should I have put 1985 to help you out?? I figured that 85 was enough.

Oh and look.....There......under my sig line. It says I even have an 85 4-runner you dip shit. Which I also searched for so I didnt have to do an SAS. (Solid Axle Swap....also same as a Solid Axle Conversion....since you most likely cant understand that without a full explanation.)

I am far from being a Toyota genious but I can at least read a fawkin post for what is in it and get the answer.

This forum is for "NO BASHING" but it started in the wrong forum to begin with, ONCE AGAIN BECAUSE YOU CANT FAWKIN READ, I wasnt bashing on you in the 1st place by putting the line in the 2nd post about it needing to be somewhere else. I was just letting you know for the future.

#25 ·
Do you understand the answer to your question now?? Do you still need help with it??
Ok tuff guy, you've had you're fun! Now settle down before I lay it down awn you! True it may be that "FSRBIKER" is also playing games with you, you are not a newbie and should know better than this crap talkin bull shit thats going on... Make it stop now.

#26 ·
Tuff Guy??

I am not trying to be tough. He started talkin chit. I simply answered his question and then mentioned it needed to be in this forum instead of the Yota forum.

This board for ever was all about talkin chit on new guys askin dumb questions. I constantly stuck up for a lot of new guys and got slammed on for doing it. When a newbie would start his chit up cussin at older board members the older members would get pissed. When I said, lets be nicer to newbies, once again I was flamed for it. Nice to see we are finally a kinder, gentler board.

This is about the only time I have gotten on a new member for his chit talkin.

I tuff guy am now bowing down to dog walker!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.