Pirate 4x4 banner

Pics of my new 1982 FJ40

2K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  MD11Fr8Dog 
#1 ·
You guys only saw the pics of it before I got it home and had been sitting for 4+ years, it's turned out ALOT nicer than I even thought. Lemme know what you think.

She cleaned up nice and drives SWEET :) Rebuilt the front end, as well as new calipers, pads ect. New OME shocks and stabilizer, OEM tune up bits, belts, changed all fluids, new 33x9.5's on grey OEM 15x6 wheels and some other little things. SOR seat covers as the OEM seats were in very good shape(one small tear) IPF H-4 headlights

Still need to fix carb fan, washer pump is toast, amp meter doesn't work, I have an exhaust gasket(where the pipes join) than needs to be fixed. Needs new radio......hmmmm thats about it, might do OME springs or 1+ shackles in the future, "maybe" power steering.

It actaully looks nicer in person(no kiddin), I have been asked if it's was just painted or restored......nope it's original :)

more pics at
http://www.picturetrail.com/cruiserdude
1982 fj40 album

John H

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Where's that dam jealous icon....:flipoff2:

Welcome to the Square bezel club :)

#5 ·
TREEFITTY said:
...HOW MUCH!!!!!!
There was another thread about the purchase.... but I could swear it was around $6500... Sweeeet!.... check out the other thread by Landpimp and you will be even more jealous, this truck has been well maintained...:D

#6 ·
cruiseroutfit said:

There was another thread about the purchase.... but I could swear it was around $6500... Sweeeet!.... check out the other thread by Landpimp and you will be even more jealous, this truck has been well maintained...:D
I got it for $6200, it had been dealer serviced sense new, never off road(maybe a logging road or two) one owner, he died 4_ years ago and it had sat sense then, the 40 came from Florida and then to WA State. Not restored, no rot/rust....just a super clean late fj40....in a really cool color that I had never seen before.

Friday I ran into the next door neighbor of the lady I got it from, he was PISSED....she told him she wanted 10k for it, he said it was a hunk of shit....I guess she didn't like him much. Whats even funnier he was the guy that made the backup offer(I made a full price offer the day before it hit the market) on my house 4 years ago, then he tried to by my neigbors house and that fell threw....he was not happy with me at all....but I must say he came off like a real asshole to me, said he had been in my backyard when he was looking at the house next door......I said good thing I didn't see him....I would have shot his dumbass.

Oh and the day I got the 40, I found a free 1970 Jeep Wagonier that was mint(from Arizona), it was at a house that was for sale and they had to get it out of there, so I passed it on to a Jeep buddy of mine......he got it for free with the title....runs very well he says.

Then on the same day, I found a lost savings acount that had $3300 in it....I had totaly spaced out on.....it was a VERY good week :)

I think I used up all my good luck in one week ;)

#7 ·
#9 ·
Landpimp said:
I have been asked if it's was just painted or restored......nope it's original :)
John, looks great!! That is the same color my 40 will be when I tub and body parts back in 2 wks, however the roof will also be green and the bezel will be black!!

#11 ·
missingmy84toy said:
can you pm' me the color code, I was going to go with some rattle can forest green, however that color looks amazing
Let me recheck with my painter!! Off the top of my head, I think its 030, check with the CCOT color code listing. they don't show the color, but I'm almost sure that's what it is!!

#13 ·
What I want to know is who else other than BJ and I actually wheel their sqaures?
:D

Or are most of the Square owners afraid to do things like cut up their dash
:flipoff2:

#15 ·
Jason M said:

Yep:D

#19 ·
bernefj60 said:
Is the suspension stock or OME?
stock springs, OME shocks and stabilizer, no rubbing on the street but I'm sure the rears will rub off road(if it ever goes there) I'll do OME springs or 1" shackles someday.

But WOW the 33x9.5 have nice manures, the ride is wonderfull and she handles great.

#20 ·
cruiserman said:
Play the lottery while you can, John. Lady Luck is obviously on your side. :D
I'm almost afraid to...if I won I think you guys would put a hit out on me! no I will just take it day by day and see what happens for better or for worse(I have a feeling the worse is coming)

I'm still trying to figure out if when my Cruiser was stolen and then found(by a Toyota parts guy)...was that good luck(found) or bad(stolen)? or just a wash?

#22 ·
Jason M said:
What I want to know is who else other than BJ and I actually wheel their sqaures?
:D

bahahaha UNREAL!! (i dont actually wheel, im a poser in disguise)

i got the centre dash piece (1983) swapped out the 5 speed, removed the airconditioning, sold off the power steering
some of it was trash too, interior and stuff, broken the dash now too.....

anyone else wheel an 83, with big eye suspension?

there was some awesome gear on it when i bought it. HAHAHA

ill bet youse think im a butcher right, my bro wheels an LX (triple wiper blades, pimp mobile) (mud only the stoner)

fasten seat belt light?? WTF??? :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.