Pirate 4x4 banner

Homemade Shackle Flip

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  BowtieRed 
#1 ·
I'm gettin ready to do mine this weekend. Do any of ya'll have pictures or advice before i start. I was just going to grind through the bottom, flip it over, and weld a brace from the top of the hanger to the other side of the hanger, near where the shackle is bolted in.
Thanks

#3 ·
SEARCH DAN!

This was a topic of the week. If you would take the 30 seconds to search, you would've found the exact pic you are after.

Search, find the thread, then delete this one. :flipoff2:

Pete

#8 ·
SCOTTS_4X said:
need more lift for the mall cruiser? or are the chicks complaining that it rides too ruff going over curbs?

-Scott
it ain't a mall cruiser. i'm in the process of getting rod of the mickey's, bitch.

#9 ·
then you need to work on getting rid of the paper thin "nerf bars" that you installed before you put the body lift on. then get rid of those springs so maybe the truck will flex a little. then grow some skin so people don't piss you off when they rag on your POS> maybe you shoudl look up the post "muddiest truck". looks more your style :flipoff2:

-Scott

#10 ·
i don't have a bodylift, smartass. i didn't put the nerfbars on. they were there when i bought it, and are welded on, i haven't had a chance to cut them off yet. let's be a bit more creative, and before you say stuff about my truck, when you are WRONG.

#11 ·
and let me add, i don't have a year round job, i have little money to work with. i'm 16. i don't exactly have all the welding equipment i need and such, so i really can't make a rockcrawler right now.

and by the way- i'll still knock your ass out.:flipoff2:

#15 ·
BowtieRed said:
hahahahahahaha:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
someone delete this thread, it has nothing to do with tech anymore.
Your the only one who can do that. Did you figure out what you are going to do or get a good idea of what can be done?

4x4chevette said:
whats with ragging on us kids, we went out got a job bought our rigs, no they aint the best but they are what we can afford at the moment. We could have bought RICERS, but we choose 4 wheel drives, so why not leave us be?
Thisplace just would like to see people do a little searching before posting. If ya have thick skin youll fit in if your a whining little :crybaby: you wont last long. The flaming happens to all at one time or another so take it with the grain of salt, build that rig and have fun.;)

#16 ·
yeah, i'll be doing the shackle flip sometime- i found the thread, i just missed that one link. i'll be flipping in a couple weekends and got a good idea what i'm going to do. i don't mind a little flaming for not searching- but raggin on my truck, that ain't necessary- i got a truck that i know ain't the greatest, but i'm trying to get into this sport young and hopefully be competitive later in life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.