Pirate 4x4 banner

Planetary axle identification?

17K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  davidr975 
#1 ·
Who can tell me what this axle is? Obviously some planetary axle. A guy is selling a pair, both steer axles. He didnt seem to know much about them. Not sure where to start with searching, I havent seen them in person so dont know of any ID tags. Look possibly like rockwell prc673 axles? I guessing they are heavy as shit, any ideas on gearing? If anyone can point me in the right direction I can find out the rest, just not sure what they are. Thanks

I know the pic is shity, all the seller sent..

I dont currently need this kind of beef, but they are cheap and I might stash them away for future a project if they are worth buying..

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
x2

Looks like a PS201/205 or 250. Could be one or two piece knuckle.... Heavy as hell the way they sit and a bitch to work with, but if you know what to shove in the middle, the ends can be used to make a pretty bad axle.

What is he asking for the pair? I'll take em' off your hands if you don't need them.:flipoff2:

#7 ·
If your looking for planetaries I have a front and rear PS PR spicer 1300 set for sale with disk brakes and hydro steer $1750 plus the ride. 15.5 to 1 ratio and detroits are available.

#10 ·
I know this is an old post but have you figured out what model those axles are? Are they a 1 or two piece knuckle. I am working a Hough payloader that has a steer axle that looks like the one in the pic and am trying to find a knuckle but dont know what axle it is because there are no tags on the housing.