Pirate 4x4 banner

KOH 2012-Volunteer Thank you

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Danger Ranger 
#1 ·
I first want to apologize for taking so long to write this, but, I had to go out of town for my day job this week.

I can’t begin to tell all of you volunteers how amazing you did during KOH 2012 and all week. The BLM was quite happy with your professionalism and work ethic. I want to thank you all for working as hard as you did and being as professional as you were, even when faced with some people that weren’t acting the same while on course.
You all helped us pull of this great race. Last year, the first year the BLM was with us closely, we had 60+ ‘incidents’ during the race… rangeing from spectators safety to medical issues. This year, with your help…. We had 4….. yes just 4. One of those being a medical issue and not of our control. You all did everything I could ever ask for…. You were aware and willing to help us adapt to the issues that came up during the day and we were able to solve them long before BLM noticed or felt it was becoming an issue.
We had over 200+ volunteers working on raceday, with many of you helping out at different points during the week…. From our course workers, recovery teams and media transport crews, Plus the crew of guys that worked all week before the race helping set up Hammertown.. you all rocked it!
I would like to personally ask that if you enjoyed yourself, please consider coming back again for us next year. You all are amazing people.
I honestly can’t tell you how much your efforts last week made my life easier… having not to worry about things getting done and having you as a whole volunteer to do additional tasks was simply amazing.
Please keep on the look out for a follow up email asking for your comments and suggestions so I can do a better job for you folks next year.

Thank you
Shaun Bootsma, Hammerking Volunteer guy 

See less See more
#2 ·
:smokin:

...and it was a lot of fun, too!!

You and Dave did a great job of delegating both duties and responsibilities to people so that we had enough prior information to make informed decisions instead of having to constantly bug you on the radio "what should we do now?!".

It doesn't hurt that you guys take such great care of the volunteers that you don't have a ton of first-timers and people can build on their previous experiences.

#3 ·
Shaun, You made our job easy! Thanks for your kind words and all your hard work!

Va1 media transport.

#7 ·
you bring up a good reminder for me.....

The RACER volunteers...... You guys helped us out again huge this year. It was great seeing as many of you out there helping us during the LCQ as we did. And for all the guys that helped watch things in the pits and such, I didn't hear a single issue or complaint... you guys did a great job also.

and Scott.... LOL.... thanks for even cleaning up after me when i drove over the box of ketchup and stuff! LOL Brent and his friend were all over the place during the week for us. its nice having eyes like that out and about working on our side!

#5 ·
I would also like to thank all of the Volunteers who helped us with road crossings, keeping people off the course and assisting with recovery. A HUGE thanks to all those volunteers who showed up to Back Door after dark on race day to help us keep the course clear for those final racers.

-Alex

#9 ·
LOL hadn't heard about the ketchup yet ;) he did however almost run the hauler with jeep on it into my mother's vehicle yesterday :lmao:

SB and the 200 volunteers that signed up and worked their butts off for 6 races during KOH week from sun up to well after dark deserve for this to remain on page one so BTT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.