Pirate 4x4 banner

air hose

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  IcallhimGeorge 
#1 ·
Any recommendations for a 3/8x50 and 3/8x25 air hose?

Ive had some el cheapo Northern Tool/Harbor Fright hose reels for a good number of years with satisfactory results. Ive cut and spliced the original hose quite a few times to the point I'm ready to spend some money on a much neglected, often used staple in my shop. I imagine most any hose will last as well as the NT/HF crap but I'd like to upgrade.

Ive looked at the Flexzilla line and it seems decent. Granted I dont want to spend a grand on a couple air hoses but Im willing to spend a little extra if its warranted.

Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I've used air hose from northern tool for over 12 years where I'm living now. About 150 feet of it, a mix of 1/2" & 3/8", has been exposed to the elements for the whole time (running from the garage in the back to the front of the house). I've never felt the need to buy more expensive hose.

#10 ·
Flexzilla is what I use. Gets abused, thrown, oil soaked, cleaned with brake clean, and driven over every day. Still going strong after 2 years.

Be warned though, in the store is super soft and flexible, it loses most of that when aired up. Still more flexible than other hoses though.

#12 ·
I have replaced every hose I own with flexzilla hose. I have been beating on them with no trouble at all. I love the fact that they will rool up tight so I can stick them into one of my smaller side boxes in the truck. My only complaint is they use aluminum for their connections. So far I've got over a year on my oldest with no problems so we'll see. Other than that I would recommend them to anyone. Tractor Supply has a 3/8 by 50' foot hose for 40 bucks last I looked.

#14 ·
Looks like I'll be buying some flexzilla hose. Most 50ft hose I've priced runs in the $25-50 range so cost isnt a huge deal.

Todd, I did a search but didnt see anything particularly on brands of hose based off the title.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

#15 ·
I've used pretty much every hose out there so far. Best hose I ever had next to the flexzilla was some no-name I got at a store that was the precursor in my town to harbor-freight. It was red rubber and 100ft long. I used that hose in every bit of weather there was. It never cracked or broke when I had it out in 15 degree weather. It got a little stiff but just kept working. Wish I knew what happened to it but it just disappeared when I went to go get it one day.

Had one flexeel hose but it got swiped off my tool cart the same day I bought it so I have no real knowledge of them. So far most of my whip hoses are flexzilla and all of my airlines for the service truck. All my regular airlines are being hung in the garage in case I need to reach the back of my property for some reason. Once I get them all replaced I'll probably end up giving the old ones away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.