Pirate 4x4 banner

JeepTJon40s/Rock_Lobster

7K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  zeekinohio 
#1 ·
Beware of anything listed using this guys phone number/location. Appears to be a scam. Paid for the Atlas and then he proceeded to text me saying it was shipped, but now won't provide a tracking number.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1054424
Here are the other username listings using the same phone number but different details about him. (phone number to watch out for is 916-425-5313)
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1054165
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053644
I had searched for the phone number before I paid him and nothing had come up in google. Now these other listings are coming up, there may be more, but don't want anyone else to get scammed by this guy. Working now on getting my money back :mad3:

#2 ·
I am glad you are doing this, Pirate should be able to tell if he is using the same ip address, and what other accounts he may have here also. By the way did he tell you what his name was? On Pay Pal it said his name was Cameron Owens, he refunded me everything but 17 dollars, so I do not have any Idea what he is up to. He was still trying to get people to send money though.

#10 · (Edited)
Hmmmm

http://egcitizen.com/articles/2010/01/19/news/doc4b50a27669f16506315285.txt

Saturday, Jan. 9

• 5:14 a.m., 8400 block of Orchard Creek Way (north Elk Grove): Elk Grove police arrested Richard Newman, 37, of Ek Grove on suspicion of disorderly conduct. He was allegedly intoxicated in public.

• 6:51 p.m., Elk Grove Boulevard and Emerald Oak Drive (central Elk Grove): Elk Grove police arrested Joshua Schlothan, 27, of Elk Grove on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Officers contacted him during a traffic stop and determined he was intoxicated.
Elk Grove is just south of Sacramento. My brother lives a few blocks from that Sacramento address. I can drive myself or send someone if needed.

Edit: Here is the DUI records for that guy. No idea if it's JeepTJon40's/Rock_Lobster.

Alias:

Xref Last Name First Name Middle Name
3830205 SCHLOTHAN JOSHUA ALLEN

Filing Information:

Case Number Filing Date Xref Last First Middle Status Charge Doc Court ID
10T00473 01/21/2010 3830205 SCHLOTHAN JOSHUA ALLEN Disposed Complaint 34470

Filing Charges:

Count Charge Severity Blood Alcohol %
C001 VC 23152(A) MIS 12
C002 VC 23152(B) MIS
C003 VC 23222(A) INF

Show/Hide Code Description

Hearing History:

Date Time Department Reason Outcome
03/26/2010 8:30 AM Department 02 FP PLED
03/26/2010 8:30 AM Department 02 FP SENT
02/24/2010 8:30 AM Department 02 ARRAIGN CONT
02/24/2010 8:30 AM Department 02 COUNSEL RET

Charge Dispositions:

Count Plea Charge Dispo Code Dispo Date Severity
C001 NC VC 23152(A) NC 03/26/2010 MIS
C002 NP VC 23152(B) DI 03/26/2010 MIS
C003 NP VC 23222(A) DI 03/26/2010 INF

Sentence Summary:

Count Sent. Type Sentence Date Prob. Status Prob. Term Custody Program Custody Length Prob. Type
C001 O 03/26/2010 GN 3Y SWP 48H I

#7 ·
My guess is that he is using multiple Paypal accounts that aren't linked to banks so that there is no way for Paypal to get the money back from him once he empties them out. Paypal will give you an account, but limits it to $2000 per month just like a student account.

#9 ·
May be a real address but he told us two different names, told me he was Cameron Owens, told them he was Josh Schlothan. Both names come up on facebook and myspace as 20 something kids in Sacramento. I have been searching the phone number which is a Sacramento number, however I only get so far until I have to pay to get the name of the owner, which may or may not have a real name.

#15 ·
or the wrong guy Wenzled....:homer:

#17 ·
True, But I have also got amazing deals on here before, on axles, links and other stuff. I have never been scammed before, but what do you do? never trust people again. I have sold things for really cheap in the past, and people got really good deals, I always sell things cheap just to make quick sales, so I was hoping a good deal might come back around.:mad3:

#20 ·
This is why he wanted us to wire him money, I have never heard of green dot transfer, so I looked it up, from there website,.

Don’t give your MoneyPak number to pay for something you buy through the classifieds or to collect a prize or sweepstakes. If you give your MoneyPak number to a criminal, Green Dot is not responsible to pay you back. Your MoneyPak is not a bank account. The funds are not insured against loss.

,He told me he would have to show two forms of Id to pick up the money, which sounds false. This is the reason I would only do Pay Pal, atleast Pay pal is safer.

The thing is, this guy is obviously from Sacramento, his number was from there, every where he claimed to work on his profiles were from there, someone from there has to know this guy, he knows about 4x4s. I have called on boats before and had a guy from nigeria tell me the boat was in storage and he could not get it out or explain anything about it. I spoke with this guy and he knew what he is talking about.

#21 ·
just playing armchair detective here, but did jeff (brownj) possibly steal a phone to scam some more people here and the phone finally got shut off? he definitely knows what to put in an ad description to get a quick sale. this is a lot like the last shit he pulled here. no offense to any new members here, but i cant trust anyone who hasn't invested some time here to build a reputation.

#23 · (Edited)
I might have the facebook page for the registered owner of the 916-425-5313. I'll PM it to someone if they want to check with her if it's her number and if it's a stolen/lost phone.

Edit: for the people that talked to him directly, did he sound like early-mid 20's juggalo?

Edit x2:
The Dana 60 picture that he posted was from this build thread.
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...15-50x20-interior-drivetrain-etc-etc-etc.html
Definitely a scam since that axle has had a lot done to it since the picture was taken.

HP Dana 60 from an 88' Ford F350 purchased from a guy in Portage, Indiana. Shipping was a killer but was the only one I could find that was in my price range. Though I did end up buying another one from a 78' F250 with the narrower spring perches (to be explained later).

#25 ·
Not again. :shaking:

Sorry, but people need to be more careful about transferring money to new members with deals to good to be true, they usually are.

Any chance this is the fuck face selling air shocks for dirt cheap on other offroad forums a few months back finally moving onto pirate>?

#26 ·
Thank you wizard, for finding all this info, I sent the lady from facebook polite message expaining the situation, and asked her if it was her phone, and it if it was lost or stolen, but I think you are right on the money with her mid 20s son, who has a criminal past as long as my arm. I am not posting any names, but will update when I get a reply.

#27 · (Edited)
I'm most likely going to file a police report on this. Anyone know if it would be better to do it local to me or where the person supposedly is? I'm trying to get access to some records that will only be released with a police subpoena. It looks like this person also is committing identity theft with the greendot card stuff they were trying to push. Those cards have to be linked to a SSN, so with the records from that, it will either identify the true thief, or reveal some of the id theft victims.

edit: pretty sure this was another one of his alias cbrJosh1 http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/member.php?u=213519
Maybe Josh is his real first name?

#28 ·
I am not sure what you should do about the police report. I ended up getting my money back, I have no idea why he refunded me, so I have no legal reason to file charges, but I would like to see this scumbag charged. Did you get the facebook info from wizard, I wrote a message to the lady who the phone may be registered to, but she did not respond. If it was her phone, her step kid with the record was most likely using it, but I have no idea because she will not respond and even say if it was hers or not.

#29 ·
I must have missed it somewhere but how did OP pay him?

#31 ·
Just thought I'd add this in. If the paypal account is not verified, even Paypal will tell you that they can't refund you. Here's a link to check if an email account is verified or not:
https://www.paypal.com/us/verified/pal=USER@GMAIL.COM
replace USERNAME@GMAIL.COM with whatever email you are checking. You will have to login to paypal to access this site, but it will tell you if they are verified or not and how long they have been on paypal if they are verified. I checked both of the paypal accounts that were used by this guy, and neither one was verified, so be thankful those that got refunded, if the accounts had been emptied already, you'd be out your money even though you used paypal.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.