Pirate 4x4 banner

Weeding a renix 4.0 wiring harness

9K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  The Goat 812 
#1 ·
I put a 4.0 out of a 89 jeep cherokee in my yj and was wondering if there is some were I can send the harness to get it set up for my yj. I cant seem to find a plug and play harness for the renix engine.

#2 ·
You won't, simply because almost everyone uses a 4.0HO.

What do you need done to the harness? Once you eliminate all the other none engine crap from the engine harness its really not that complex. I swapped a renix into my cj5 and I eliminated 2/3 of the harness it came with as it wasn't needed (headlights, wipers, running lights).

Didn't latter YJs come with 4.0HO motors? Seems like that would have been a much simpler swap for you.

Kevo

#6 ·
I'm actually working on this right now for my Jeepspeed. I have all of the "demolition" complete on the existing harness it is now time to start filling in the holes and making some changes to better suit my needs. The good thing is, the injection system on these engines is stupid simple.

I found this manual that makes it 1000000000x's easier also.

http://jeepgarage.free.fr/OWN/89JeepFI.pdf

Next week i'll see if i can put together some more details for you.

#9 ·
the engine harness is pretty much seperate from the body harness, aside from a few relays that are powered by the fusible links up in the front fender.

Unplug the ECM under the dash, follow everythig from the big connector and that's what you need to keep.

CPS
TPS
Cam sensor
MAP
Injectors
ASD relay
Fuel Pump Relay
IAC
CTS (the one on the side of the block, one in the rad is just fan switch)
Knock sensor (not critical)
IAT

that's about all you need for a Renix to run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.