Pirate 4x4 banner

starts and stops, wait 1 min, starts and stops again.

585 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  8806 
#1 ·
Thank god I renewed my CAA Membership!!

I was heading home the other weekend and my 86 Runner with a 22re died on the side of the highway. It was like someone shut off my fuel pump. I verified that the pump is working and once the engine cools off it will start, but will not go above idle and then dies. Try imediately to start it and it will kick, wait a couple of minutes and it will run for a couple of seconds and die again. I had a similiar problem a couple of years ago when the engine coolant temp sensor failed, I replaced the sensor but I still cannot get it to run. Suggestions?? anyone?

#3 ·
ignition control module, maybe catalytic converter if you have one, check to see if your getting spark, if you are, then its gas, if not, check to see that your getting the 12 volts to the coil, if not, start chasin wires

#4 · (Edited)
When I listen to the sending unit I can hear the return line blowing back into the the tank, would it still do this if the filter was plugged?

I do have another coil at home, I will try changing them out if I do have 12 v coming to it. I just have to figure out how to use my digital multimeter. :confused:

Also I do not have a cat installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.