Pirate 4x4 banner

GM PCM Tunes - $150 for life

163K views 810 replies 221 participants last post by  waynehartwig 
#1 ·
Check us out on Trucks!
'71 C-10 LS Engine Swap! | PowerBlockTV.com - Video

6.0 LQ4 into a one ton TJ on 39's that we did

Let 150Tunes.com satisfy all of your LSx harness and programming needs!

We specialize in standalone LSx (1998 and up) swaps into hot rods, desert race trucks, off-road ‘buggies’ and making that ‘weird’ never heard of swap look and work like it was factory! Even daily drivers!

Check us out on our FaceBook account for lots of updates and other cool projects!

Programming:
•Fuel mileage and / or additional horse power
•Deleting VATS
•Adjusting cooling fan on/off time, gear ratio and tire size
•Calibrating shift points and torque converter lock up characteristics
•Deleting emissions for an off-road or non-emissiosn compliant vehicle – ie o2 sensors, EGR, air pump, catalyst, etc.
•Removing transmission controls – ie swapping in a manual transmission or non-electronic transmission, such as a TH400 or SM465
•Calibrating for different size injectors, MAF, camshaft swaps, etc.
•Or just to have a spare or replacement computer with your factory VIN installed

Harnesses and wiring repairs:
•Stand alone or conversion systems for LSx swaps
•Wiring repairs from mice, vehicle accident/fire, etc
•Drive by Wire / Drive by Cable swaps
•Removing transmission and emission wiring
•Adding PCM controlled cooling fans and/or fuel pump

With over 25 years as a world class certified GM/Hummer technician, we know exactly what we’re doing. All of our setups come with lifetime tech support and computer ‘tune ups’. Say you’re ready to start it after the conversion and it runs like crap, call us and we’ll help figure it out. It's rarely a PCM or harness issue, but sometimes things are over looked after big projects, like an engine swap and we'll help you. Or later down the road you change gears, tires, cam, etc. Send us the computer with a return shipping label and I’ll make the changes for free. This is all for the life of the PCM/harness. Change owners, we don’t care. We stand behind our product 100%, not the person buying it.

Also, say you get that conversion kit from one of the other companies, it's never ran right, and you aren’t happy with it. But you aren’t sure if it’s the harness or programming. We’ll check it out for the cost of shipping. If we find issues, we’ll send you a quote and if the necessary repairs are made, we’ll then stand behind it 100%.

All of our harnesses will include fuse panel, ALDL (data port) and check engine light. Our harnesses are 2 wire hookup - hot and ignition power. Plus any additional stubbed wires you've asked for, like speedo, tach, etc. All of our harnesses are completely labeled and we also include actual GM schematics to aid you.

As of 8/1/15, we're running 2 weeks on harnesses and 1-2 business days on PCM/TCM calibrations.

Contact us and let us show you how we can help make this entire swap a trouble and stress free experience!

Check us out on our FaceBook account for lots of updates and other cool projects!

Some typical charges....
•Thin out and make your good (defined as no cut wires or busted connectors, still in the split loom) harness stand-alone - $250
•Calibrate your good GAS PCM/TCM - $150
•Calibrate your good DIESEL PCM/TCM - $250
•One hour of additional repairs or modifications is billed at $50 an hour plus parts, if needed

Extras....
•Re-VIN your PCM/TCM or a replacement PCM, to make it match your motor/transmission. Calibration or deleting things like VATS is extra - $50
•Replacement PCM or TCM, not programmed or calibrated - $50, typically
•Drive by Wire to Drive by Cable swap - $50
•Intake flip if we are not doing the harness (free if we are) - $50
•Transmission conversion; 4L60E to 4L80E, or vice versa - $50

Shipping costs (lower 48 only, elsewhere more)....
•Return shipping for harness and PCM - $25
•Return shipping for PCM/TCM combo - $15

So you're ready...

If you already know what you want and are ready to get it shipped out....Box up the harness, PCM and TCM with cash, check (personal check will need to clear before we ship your harness/PCM/TCM back - $25 charge if it isnt honored by your institution for whatever reason) or money order (make payable to DiffsOnly.com) and a piece of paper including:
•Donor rig information - What the motor and trans came out of, VIN is very helpful. If you don't know, that's ok, just let us know on the paperwork.
•Recipient rig information - What the motor and trans is going into. We also need to know about the rig. What tire size, gear ratio, VSS (pulses per driveline revolution, NOT pulses per mile), etc. And especially if your adding a hot cam, increasing compression ratio, power adders (turbo, supercharger, nitrous, etc) - NOTE: At this time we are not tuning power adders through the mail. We'll gladly do it here in our shop, on our chassis dyno.
•What you want done - IE delete VATS, remove emissions, enable PCM controlled fans, firmer shifts, etc. Removing emissions is only legal in certain circumstances. Check your local laws if you are not sure. Anytime we remove ANY emissions, the setup is then for Off-Road Use Only. We are not responsible for anything if you choose to drive this setup on the road.
•Your expectations - Some people are looking for good fuel economy, or are racing their rigs. Just let us know what your expecting the outcome to be and we'll taylor it to your needs.
•I need to know the part number of your injectors, MAP sensor, MAF sensor and o2 sensors. I don't need to know what they should be, I want to know what they actually are. If you don't have them, note that on the paperwork and I'll send you correct part numbers.These items come from GM with part numbers on them and is typically 8 digits long. RockAuto has genuine GM/ACDelco parts cheap.
•And of course your information - ie name, return shipping address, phone number and email address.

...Remember, most of the information we are asking for is to make sure your swap will be effortless and run/drive properly. The more info we have, the better we can determine what you have is compatible. If you give us no information, we don't assume anything, and won't make any changes!

DO NOT PACKAGE HARNESS/PCM IN PACKING PEANUTS!!! IT WILL RUIN CONNECTORS AND/OR PCM/TCM!!

Then send it via UPS (ONLY!) to:

150Tunes.com
6002 E Alki Ave, #6
Spokane Valley, WA 99212

Currently I'm only doing 98 and Up GM's.

Just gotta give props to Wayne and Dave! These guys are awsume.
Quick history. Was going to do my harness myself and had a pretty good idea on the motor side of things but couldn't quite grasp the interior part. Punted and sent it all.
(package weighed 40lbs)
Turned out I had the correct DBW harness for the motor, but had a DBC interior harness! Dave went above and beyond sourcing one locally. Turns out there are not any DBW trucks(01-02) in Washington. He was able to complete the harness minus the TAC box.
Couldn't be happier on harness returned to me(5 lbs). Sourced the TAC box here in Phoenix.In my case a 7 wire hookup(ign,batt,starter,2 fans,tach,fuel pump relay). He added a 6 fuse panel(getting rid of factory monster) ALL labeled.
Finally got to try and start it Saturday with no luck in getting it to fire. Emailed both guys for advice with BOTH responding quickly. Turned out injectors were plugged from the 2.5-3yrs motor has sat. Seafoam is the shit. Started right up Sunday 1st try! Finished topping off fluids and mounted the last 42" pitbull on the wheel. HAD to drive this bitch.
:eek::eek:OMG!!
Wayne's tune is:smokin:! Went from my 4.0 Jeep/auto/4.88's/39" pitbulls to 5.3/400/atlas4.3/still 4.88's on 42's(ordered 5.38's today). I've driven a few 5.3 silverados before but none like this! My rig used to weigh in @4300 +-.Probable close to same now but wow! With current gearing redline(6000)1st gear = 62 mph! I'm there quick(stupid quick). shift 2nd(chirp 42's) and pulls even harder. Have to let off(surface street in my neighborhood!)I drive a sweet 04 cummins pushing 450hp/950ft. I think my Jeep(juggy/buggy whatever) can hang!
Again, you would not be wasting a single penny with these guys. Thanks again Wayne and Dave.:D:smokin:
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - 5.3 Jeeps

I've had some asking about changing DBW to DBC. Yes, I can do this if your current PCM has the ability to control the IAC. Some do, some don't. Hardware # can tell us...

2003 to 2007 - Green good, Red bad
SERV. NO.- HWD NO.
12576106 - 12570558 - 2003 G-VAN, LM7, ALSO C-TRUCK LM7, (IAC DRIVERS INSTALLED)
12582605 - 12580786 - 2003 C-MPV, L59
12586242 - 12583660 - 2004 C/K-TRUCK, LM7
12586243 - 12583659 - 2004 GTO LS1, (IAC DRIVERS INSTALLED)
12589463 - 12589162 - 2005 C/K-TRUCK/MPV, LM7, LQ4
12589462 - 12589161 - 2005 G-VAN, LQ4, (IAC DRIVERS INSTALLED)
12589463 - 12589162 - 2006 C-PICKUP, LM7
12602802 - 12589162 - 2006 C-PICKUP, L59
12602801 - 12589161 - 2006 Express, (IAC DRIVERS INSTALLED)
12602801 - 12589161 - 2007 Express, Drive by Wire, (IAC DRIVERS INSTALLED)

There are always problems and most people don't have a scanner to see live data for troubleshooting. Right now it's $60, normally $99. All 4 apps are free.
Connected Vehicle Solutions

If you are having a hard time getting the Jeep VSS to work with the GM PCM, check this out:
5.3 into Jeep VSS Question - LS1TECH

This is an 03 Silverado 5.3/TH400 harness we did for Ian (from Extreme 4x4) on the Crawl and EOR one day Jeep build.

See less See more
1 3
#738 ·
i have a harness / computer to send in to get done, but I'm not 100% sure of all the "details" on the motor. I dont know the VIN, i dont know the year, etc.

All i know its its a DBC LQ9 with a Thumpr Cam, and I will be running an LS6 intake. I am ready to send it in...just thought that I needed to know a bit more about it? If not...I can box it up and send it on its way ASAP?

#739 ·
The more info you send with it, the better. But obviously if you don't know, you don't know... :smokin:

Also you will not like how the truck harness looks on top of the pretty car intake... Truck harnesses are routed route down the middle.

#740 ·
I will try and supply as much as I can.

Yea...i kinda was worried about that. But i didnt want to buy a car harness that didnt belong to the motor. Is that something that is a worry? I am assuming there is no easy way to reroute the truck harness to one side or anything?

#741 ·
The PCM needs to match the harness, which also needs to match the motor.

So if you are going to use say a 2002 F body harness and PCM, you would need to make the motor match - ie use the 2002 o2's, etc.

All of the LS family engines - 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 - share a lot of the same parts. So one long block is pretty similar to the others. In other words, a 2002 4.8 long block is the same as a 2002 5.3, 5.7 or 6.0...

#743 ·
Returned :smokin:

#746 ·
We can do that for you

150Tunes.com has info about us, what we do and how to get us to do it for you

#745 ·
Wayne, I had you cut my harness and tune my computer and have loved the results other than I keep getting a p1516 code at startup. The code is not active and my scan tool clears it everytime and stays gone until I shut the engine off and then re-start the truck. I have changed the throttle body (drive by wire) and traced the wires out looking for loose conections but I have not found anything yet. Any suggestions?

#747 ·
Generic scanners have issues, sometimes. If the code isn't active, and it doesn't ever go active or cause a limp mode issue, it's probably nothing. It could even be a different code all together.

But to be sure, how is your wiring? Orange B+ wire to the battery +? And the bolt on the fuse panel to your ignition switch?

#749 ·
On the TB connector, are the wires pulled tight? Or are they loose?

Could be a bad TAC module

The fact that it doesn't come back until you restart leads me to believe wiring is good, though...

#751 ·
No, but we repair a lot of them. New harnesses suck. Just get a harness from your local wrecking yard. GTO LS2 is 24x, so any LS1/LS6 car harness will work great. Truck harnesses would look like crap on the car intake, but same there from 99-07 5.3/6.0.

#753 ·
Yes or you can have the dealer do it

#754 · (Edited)
Need a quote but im not sure what for....

i have a complete 99 blazer with the 4.3 v6 and 4l60e

i will need the harness reworked to the basics for going in my crawler.

is it possible to have the ECU flashed to get rid of the 02 sensors, evap, MAS, VATS, prndl switch, VSS and everything still run right?

Will the PCM need tuned? what does the tune get rid of?

Whats an FSM?

Im running a doubler. Will i need to get the AA 6to4 bolt adapter with or without VSS?

Thank You!!!

#755 ·
Info is on our site 150Tunes.com
Yes, the ECM will need to be flashed
Yes, you will need a VSS if you plan on running an electronic trans. VSS must be on the output of the trans
Cost is $425 and up depending on condition and options

#756 ·
Happy Independence Day everyone!!

Attachments

#757 ·
Thanks for the work guys!!

#758 ·
I have a 1998 7.4L vortec that I plan to put into my FJ40. I see the motor is in your list as being supported because its a '98 or later model. Since this motor was available '96 to '00 I am curious as to why only '98 and later models are supported by your retunes? Was there an ECM change in '98 that makes them more desirable for tuning?

You have always provided good service and pricing when I bought gears and lockers through you, I look forward to working with you again on this engine swap!

#759 ·
I don't understand. Website says 98 and up, no? 96-01 PCM looks the same, but they aren't. If it has 5 plugs (one small one in th emiddle), it's the older 96-97 PCM and I can't do them.

#761 ·
We're currently sitting at a 2-3 week wait on our 2 wire hookup harness, with a custom PCM/TCM tune! Cost? Most are $425, including return shipping!

#763 ·
Put the VSS between the trans and tcase, and you can ran anything you want.

#764 ·
Ecm

After noon everyone. I did an ls swap. Everything was good. Just doing some miner fixes an a tool fell an ripped the main power to ecm out with the key on :shaking: Now my obd2 port doesn't read an the fuel pump relay is chattering. Did my ecm take a leave of absence? An I need a new 1?

#765 ·
After noon everyone. I did an ls swap. Everything was good. Just doing some miner fixes an a tool fell an ripped the main power to ecm out with the key on :shaking: Now my obd2 port doesn't read an the fuel pump relay is chattering. Did my ecm take a leave of absence? An I need a new 1?
You emailed me too, right? Couldn't see two guys having this kind of good luck ;)

#766 · (Edited)
Hey Sir,

My name is Brian Fitzpatrick and Seth Brown from Smash Motorsports recommended you guys for my swap.

I am putting Chevy running gear in my 85 Toyota pick up. I just got done gathering/scrounging most of the major parts to my build. The plan is 5.3/4L80e NWF Black Box/205 Dana 60 and 14 bolt. Axles have 4.56 gears. It'll have 33" to 38" tires depending on what I can find at the time.

Any how I just got a 5.3 the other day with harness and ECU and have some questions as to your recommendations. Here in OK we don't have inspections or emissions but I might end up moving to CO in the next couple years and would like to be legal there if I do end up moving out there. So I imagine I will need the emissions stuff still on. I plan on ripping out all of the yota wiring and running my own HD fuse box and wires and all new gauges. What all will I need to leave on the harness and what would you guys charge to set it up including the swap for the 4L80e stuff.

Any help would be appreciated and if possible do you happen to do military discounts? Here is a pic of the yota and the Chevy that I am getting the axles and t-case from. Thank you so much for your time.

Respectfully,

Brian Fitzpatrick

#767 ·
PM Sent! Thanks!!

#768 ·
Wayne, about to start my Lq4 NV4500 (2003 Silverado) swap into my M715, will be sending you my harness for thinning and ECM for tune. Any budget minded mods (<$1000ish) you would recommend to consider before tuning? Or where might I end upish for HP/TQ with your tune on a stock motor maybe some headers? Thanks Ray!

#769 ·
Cam and valve springs is always a good place to start. Depending on what your goal is, get a cam accordingly.

40+hp is pretty easy to do on a stock motor with just a tune

#770 ·
Wayne, I have a 2012 4.3 put in an old jeep. Harness was thinned and fuel pump control module has been remove and replaced with c5 corvette mechanical regulator. So I now have a flat injector table and I believe I need sloped curve since fpr is unreferenced. A 2007 Silverado 4.3 has the correct maps. Can you flash my ecu with that specific map? How much $$?
Thx
Glenn

#771 ·
2012 VIN can't go into a 2007 PCM. Why not just adjust the fueling in the 2012 PCM? Cost is $150+shipping. Info for sending it in is on my site 150Tunes.com
Thanks!!

#773 ·
Why not just adjust the fueling in the 2012 PCM? Cost is $150+shipping. Info for sending it in is on my site 150Tunes.com
Thanks!!

#775 ·
absolutely! Details for sending it in are on our website 150Tunes.com
Thanks!

#777 ·
About 3-4 weeks. EJS is going to put us behind.

#779 ·
Only tuning I've ever been a month out on, is dyno work. Mail order has always been same or next business day :smokin:

Of course with cash in the box. If it's a check/money order, I won't ship until it clears, so ~10 days.

#780 ·
PM's sent! Thanks guys!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.