Pirate 4x4 banner

alt

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mechmanalternators 
#1 ·
i have a 5.0..with a c4 in my jeep/bugy has a one wire 130 amp small frame chevy power master...problem is im always to low rpm for it to kick in so i kill batteries.. i have a larg stereo any one have a suggestion.

#4 ·
A large case Ford 3G unit is a good way to go if you are on a budget. It will give you probably another 30 amps or so at idle, assuming that you have the correct pulley ration. I have several used 3G alternators that are in great shape that I can sell pretty cheap if you want to go that route.

Or, if you want the really good stuff....

We actually manufacture our own billet alternators available in a wide variety of bolt patterns, including the delco alternators like the Power master you have. We used to be owned by powermaster, so I am very familiar with how those units perform at low RPM.

Our units use new 6 phase technology, and make 170+ amps with 150 amps at idle, they are bad to the bone... We specifically developed them because so many people need more juice at low RPMs, even with the smallest possible alternator pulley on it. The billet units will also tolerate a lot more RPM, and are also more resistant to dirt/water contamination.

Here's a comparo video showing one of our 150 amp units on the dyno:

MECHMAN BILLET 150AMP STREET ROD ALTERNATOR VS MSD - YouTube

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.