Pirate 4x4 banner

Who's going- 4x4 wars, Cass, AR??

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Go2Guy 
#1 ·
May 10-11, same comp as been on the travel channel, varied eastern type wheelin.

#5 ·
It's a sports in the rough event, go to their site.
This is the event that's been all over the outdoor channel and the travel channel lately.

It's also a looser event that does not penalize the big rigs as much- cones etc.

Look me up- camping in a white enclosed trailer, my buggy will be amongst the smaller of the rigs there- a speed bump to some of them.

#7 · (Edited)
It was a blast

This is an event that other threads have been asking for, loose rules, minimal tech (can you make it to the start gate). wide open courses, fastest time wins- period. So where were all the big block loving crying the blues pirates?

in the rock courses the cones/banners were still wide open- just designed to keep you in the rocks- but if you touched one it added a minute to your time.

There were drag races, hill climbs, wood/trail courses with hills mixed in, plenty of rain sat night to make it more muddy, tight trench courses, deep mud pits (44" swampers- were disappearing).

Also a good chance for coverage- superlift TV, Pewe with Petersons and 4wd & sport Utility were there.

There were lots of lead changes, not over til its over, rollovers, breakage, mud flyin and rev limiter bouncing. FWIW, In the end, the spark plug impaired came out on top;)

The Superlift park is having a similar type comp series in Hot Springs AR. next event is Memorial day weekend- go to the Superlift site to check it out.
Ken

#9 ·
no pics...

my camera is currently MIA. Dan Gable spanked and swept that series two yrs ago. I'm surprised he didn't show at this one. SITR has a new person running their site and she said she'd have pics up in a wk or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.