Pirate 4x4 banner

48 willys pickup build

22K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Rooney77 
#1 · (Edited)
Pictures re uploaded
OK i have been building this for awail so here are the pics and what happened and was done over the last couple months from my web page. I dont feel like retyping everthing so bare with me. Here is my rig before the body swap.

Well i picked up a 1948 willys pickup, that will be going on the frame of the bronco II (sorry kyle the cage has to come off too!). Once i get the registration all figured out i will be pulling the body off and repairing all the rust and building up the cage using parts of the cage off the bronco. This truck will be able to drive on the road around town, still will be a far cry from street legal but i figure around town should be fine.

Well i took it down to the dmv and they said that they couldnt verify the truck sense the bed and doors where off. So back to the house to but the damn bed back on and doors!!! This time the paper work went threw with no problem. Now i had to take everything back off. I got almost everything off this time but stopped when the steering shaft didnt want to come out.

Finally got some real work done. Cut out the bottom corner pannel on the passenger side. I replaced with some heavy square tubing that i will use as the base for my roll cage that will be built into the body.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.