Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - TJ 1 Tons "Learn as I go" project
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
esniper

Member # 165927
Installed my Belly UP skid plate. Craigslist $150.

I got the bolts I ordered and went to put the belly pan in so I can mock up my links. This F'n Jeep hates my guts. The frame rail threading mounting holes are all stripped out. Unbelievable! Anyway I plasma cut all three out and made up some of my own frame mounts with grade 8 nuts and washers. I know this is a horrible weld job but it will work. Plus nobody will ever see it once it is all installed.

Once I am done I still have to adjust the transfer case linkage, haven't even looked yet. Hopefully I didn't bend the shit out of anything when I pushed the pan up for the mock up mount.
I aligned things by spray painting the side brakets with red paint and then center punching it. I then drilled a 3/16th pilot hole. After that I used a 1" whole bit to fit the frame spacers in. I left the spacers in to give me the rought alignment on the other side of the frame rail. I drilled a 1/2 whole through both side. Then I popped in the frame spacers and tack welded them in.

esniper is offline   Reply With Quote