Pirate 4x4 banner

line locks

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Vortec_Cruiser 
#1 ·
What is a good source for manual brake line locks and hand throttles ?

#4 ·
It installs in the brake line between the master cylinder and the caliper or wheel cylinder. The racers use electric but those are eather on or off. ( no modulation) Manual works best in my humble opinion for rocks. when you depress the brake pedal and activate the line lock ( electric or manual ) then let off the brake pedal the line lock traps the pressurized brake fluid between the line lock and the brake. Keeping the brake applied untill you release it. Very handy for those of us still running carbs that like to kill the engine at extreme angles and have not mastered the whole three pedal two foot thing.

#7 ·
krcruiser said:

Right order house wrong part , Isn't that what they make nitrous for ;)
Nitrous?? hahaha I just want to be able to look the front, light em up and burn off a set of used 35"s in 1 or 2 settings. :evil: hahaha it will burn em now, no doubt about it, but it's usually associated with 2 gear, lots of RPM and launching towards the 100k nova in front of you. :laughing:

#8 ·
Line Lock works ok but its definitely not an E-Brake. The only problem is, if your brakes go out, so does your line lock. We were able to get my bros cruiser to pass inspection with Line lock. The inspection to get that BAR sticker..... I would eventually get a mechanical hand brake but thats just me.

#9 ·
GloNDark said:
Summit racing has the line locks. I just ordered mine for the cruiser. Gonna lock just the front so I can do burn outs at Hot August Nights next year. :D:D:D
I remember a few years ago I saw a white cruiser drive through hot august nights. It had silver flames and a chrome roll cage. It was pretty sweet minus the chrome cage...

#11 · (Edited)
I have two of the Sam Biondo Racing units on the FJ45. These are electrical and rated at 3000 psi.

I have had a manual Mico Lock on my Fj40 for almost five years now and it holds pressure for several hours (i.e., very little bleed down).

While I admit that line locks will not work if the brake line fails, you should also admit that a stock LC parking brake will not work if the transfer case breaks and the rear output gear separates. Personally, I have seen a lot more broken transfer cases that resulted in no parking brakes than I have seen broken brake lines.

I don't want to start a poll, but how many have actually broken a brake line on their rigs?

#14 ·
I run those same units on my comp rig. One each front and rear. They allow you to set them, then apply pressure. I have no regrets. I used relays and the same switches ARB uses, Carlingswitch brand.

Assuming my drivelines don't break, I am pretty confisent my junk won't move with them set, the tranny in low/reverse and both tcases in low. The traction of the tires becomes the limiting factor!

#17 ·
I bought my linelock from FROR. It came with the metric brake lines and everything needed for the install. No, it does not replace your emergency brake but why would you want it to? I plan to use it during wheeling, only if the 40 needs to stay put for a few minutes. Don't forget to use a good covered aircraft type switch. My kit came with one.
swon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.