Pirate 4x4 banner

Dana 30 Lower ball joint removal.

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  mikeswrangler 
#1 ·
I broke my dana 30 knuckle on the passenger side. So i need to remove the balljoints (which were also fragged) to install the new (junk) knuckle. I got the upper to pop out, but cant get the lower ball joint to pop out...any non press secrets or ideas?

thanks
Chad
:flipoff2:

#5 ·
I hear ya man, but at least i could rent the tool i need from autobone :mad:

I got the upper out using a bottle jack, unfortunatley the jack took a dump before i got the bottom out. I might just try to find another bottle jack and see ifi can get the bottom one out.

Thanks for the tip man. :beer:

#7 ·
moveaside said:
Another trick is to pull the c-clamp tool thingy on it just enough to put a lot of pressure on it and then spray it with PB. Leave it that way overnight and it'll be easier by morning.
Those things are a bitch:mad:
fawk PB...it's all about sea foam now...trust me.:D

If it is tuogh... pressure with the "c" and smack it with a BFH. *POP*:D

#8 ·
Well since nothing was open i didnt get any ball joint presses today. But i plan on it, i put a bottle jack in there today to put pressure on it, and lotsa PB, went and whacked it a few times today, but still no orgasm....i figure with a press and more whacking i will be able to climax tomorrow....what a pain in the ass for such a stupid axle to even fix:mad:

#10 ·
Seriously...it's all about SEA FOAM .

WAY better than PB, even cleans carbs without stalling the engine.

Nope, I'm not pimping my own product.;)

Back to the topic...hit it harder. I've seen it done on the trail with just a BFH but I wouldn't do it at HOME that way.

Get the tool tomorrow. Did I mention it presses them in too?

Good luck.

#13 ·
come on guys.. I used to work in a wreacking yard.. had to beat it off with a sleadge hammer.. it worked fine..
losen the nut till almost off and beat it like there is no tomarrow. it will drop..do the bottom first tho.. so the top will hold it from dropingand hitting the ground..lol

#14 ·
mikeswrangler said:
come on guys.. I used to work in a wreacking yard.. had to beat it off with a sleadge hammer.. it worked fine..
losen the nut till almost off and beat it like there is no tomarrow. it will drop..do the bottom first tho.. so the top will hold it from dropingand hitting the ground..lol
see... be a man like this guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.