Pirate 4x4 banner

They're up

3K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  fabricator 
#1 · (Edited)
The rules are up on UROC's site...I saw a couple of wording mistakes and a legends frame rule was insterted into the stock mod frame rules (for cutting the frame). There are still a few event formatting changes to be hashed out but those won't change anything for the way you build your rigs. Spotter ride is the same for single or two seater.

To the Skeptics...:flipoff2:

#27 ·
pure-adrenaline said:
On the single seat roof bars.....What do you single seater guys want? "Terry" In my opinion maybe a 24" outside to outside w/ a center bar going from one corner to the oppisite corner. More than 24" they should have 4 like the rest. Help me out and I'll have it brought up.
Yeh, I complained about that last year. My top is 24" outside to outside, that is a good size IMO. One spreader makes sense, but really if you are running 1/8" aluminum that makes a sheer panel and you shouldn't need anything else for such a small space. I'm sure they'll want at least one cross bar though.

Anyway, I'm building a two seater for next year. More fun for rec wheeling. Thanks though!

#28 ·
7.1 Five (5) points will be credited per obstacle once completed if a spotter rides in a vehicle or stays behind the starting line. This option may only be used two (2) times per event.

Forgive me if this is common practice. If the spotter stays behind the starting line, then a single seat buggy could still receive the spotter ride credit points?

Also, why the minimum weight rule? Why penalize an extremely lightweight rig that confines to all the rules? Will all the rigs be weighed at tech inspection?

Thank you for helping a newbie understand.

#31 ·
Some questions about the stock class. I see a lot of loop holes in the rules for this class. Coilovers in a kit form are OK, but the steering? I can't get the rules to down load right now....so I can't really get specific, but what was wrong with the old rules for this class?

#33 ·
Go2Guy said:

That sounds good to me- what about all these gussets in a single seater??? Going to get "busy" fast. one diagonal in either the b pillars or c pillars as well as the roof panel would go a long way and be stouter than all these baby gussets that still let your 4 sided cage fold up.

Sounds good right there.
One spreader on the roof diagonally as well as the same for the others has my vote.

#35 ·
1st; in the legends class, the body panels behind the doors.
toyota trucks with flatbeds would they not be allowed to compete in the legends class?
If this is true, what class would they be in?
Around here, you have a hard time finding a older toy truck without a flat bed cause of rust.

2nd; can someone be nice enuf to email me the rules.
cannot open them. email is below, thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.