Pirate 4x4 banner

Anyone in Raleigh wanna wrench?

1K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  moogvo 
#1 ·
Greetings all...

I am about to do a ball joint flip on my trooper. I am waiting for the spacers to be delivered. I have the place to work on it, as well as the tools.

Since I have never done anything like this B4, I thought it a good idea to have someone around that does know incase I run into trouble.

Anyone near Raleigh (Apex) care to come over and watch me cuss at the Trooper? I shall procure the beverage of choice, and you will be more than welcome to dinner as well! At the very least, you will get a good laugh watching me wrestle with this thing.

I would like to do this next weekend at the soonest... Any takers?

Thanx in advance!

#2 ·
moogvo said:
I would like to do this next weekend at the soonest... Any takers?
If you mean the weekend of the 8th, I can assist.
I should have my junk running by then :D

Make sure the kit includes nylock nuts, if it don't, get some.
Go ahead and check the upper ball joints for extra play/the boots for tearing and you could kill the proverbial two birds.
It's not a hardcore mod but I'll help out a fellow wheeler anytime.

If'n you're offering beer... DON'T !
If could be one of the most expensive modifications you've ever done, EVER :flipoff2:

Jake

#11 ·
moogvo said:

I ordered the ball joint spacer kit (with the lo pro droop stops) today from Independant4x... If'n they come in, I will be ready fer the install.

hey Moog..i dropped you an e-mail today..................i am finishing up a batch of spacers......sorrry for the delays. I'll get your order out asap.

i was out in Vegas last week at SEMA so i got a little behind. ;)

#17 ·
speedo cable is a 15 minute install....don't psyche yourself out

seriously it is, done it many times ;)

#18 ·
moogvo said:
Dude... Thanks for your help!!! Had a great time! I don't recall seeing the Sawzall :flipoff2:
Not a problem, bruddah. Glad to help.
Good to meet You and the Wife ... and thanks for the beer :D

The Sawz was in the back seat, if it was a snake it woulda bit ya.
At the time, it seemed like you'd rather cut on my Trooper :eek: :laughing:

We'll save the trimming for sometime after Thanksgiving.
Jumpin' Geebus on a pogo stick DO YOU NEED IT ! :flipoff2:

J

#19 ·
Too late... I am already psyched out... I flat don't wanna do it... Okay, maybe it would be a good idea to do it so I know whether I am actually able to go the speed limit in this slow assed thing...

Seriously, I have a 22 tooth gear and a new cable on the way. St Charles rules... again!

GonZu... Send me yo fone nimbuh:flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.