Pirate 4x4 banner

rear locker

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  JoeIsuzu 
#1 ·
I'm am looking for a rear locker for my Isuzu pickup. it's an '88, with the 2.3L and it's 2wd. the part number through randy's ring and pinion was for a lock-right locker #3111. I may have found one on Rubicon4x4.com but they want $300+ for it. I was wondering if anyone had a used locker or mini spool lying around. I don't want to weld gears yet, but i will if i have too.

Isuzu-man

#3 · (Edited)
IIRC, your truck has the 10-bolt rear axle. If that's the case, then there is no mini-spool available for it................ and the lok-right (which is the only locker made for it) has been discontinued. Point being that a locker for your particular axle is going to be harder to come by than most. Your best bet would be to find someone that has swapped out the lok-right in the front of their Isuzu for an ARB......... but that may take awhile. If this is something you want right away, you may have to just spring the $300....................... or weld it up, since that will give you the same effect as the mini-spool you mentioned for very little cost. Best of luck!
________
COACH HANDBAGS

#5 · (Edited)
Yep, you have the almighty 12 bolt. Unfortunately no cheap lockers yet, only option is the ARB. The company that makes Aussie Lockers said they have considered looking into a locker for the Isuzu axles this spring................. but who knows how long it would take to get them into production if they even decided to make them at all. Beyond that, just break out your welder:flipoff2:
________
Ebonygirl20

#6 ·
well since the only option may be to weld, I would like to get another 3rd member so i don't trash this one. Does anyone have one lying around. i really don't care what gear ratio be cause it's just 2wd. but would perfer 4.10's or greater if available because i'm running larger tires. way larger. I guess it's the 10 bolt from what I hear. thanks to all the Isuzu fans.

#7 · (Edited)
ploc68 said:
Does anyone have one lying around.
I don't have one "laying around" per say. But I do have a wrecked '93 Amigo 2wd sitting in my parents' barn with a rear 10-bolt, 4.56 gears IIRC, condition unknown so it would be sold "as is". It will be a few weeks, but if you are interested I can make the treck up there and pull it. Shipping the entire 3rd-member is going to be one heavy girl though, so it may be expensive. Just let me know:)
________
Wendie 99

#10 ·
I do.I just removed it from the housing 2 days ago.It came from a 90 amigo with 100,000 miles on it with 4.56 gears.Its at least 60 lbs and my zip is 32137,make offer.I just upgraded

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=172239&ck=

ploc68 said:
well since the only option may be to weld, I would like to get another 3rd member so i don't trash this one. Does anyone have one lying around. i really don't care what gear ratio be cause it's just 2wd. but would perfer 4.10's or greater if available because i'm running larger tires. way larger. I guess it's the 10 bolt from what I hear. thanks to all the Isuzu fans.

#12 ·
90amigo,
i am interested in buying that 3rd. i'm in 81301. would it be too much trouble for you to get me a shipping quote, or give me the deminsions so i could get a quote from ups or fed-ex. you said it weighs about 60 lbs. all i'm going to do is weld up the gears in this thing and slap it in. nice amigo by the way.

#13 ·
Lockrite

$300 aint bad for a near unobtainable part. I paid $229 for Toy Lock rite. I'd say go for the Lock Rite. The ARB for the 12-bolt is at least 3x that with the compressor, never mind the install cost.

#14 ·
ploc68 said:
90amigo,
i am interested in buying that 3rd. i'm in 81301. would it be too much trouble for you to get me a shipping quote,
nice amigo by the way.
PM'ed you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.