Pirate 4x4 banner

Teraflex Dana 60 front axle!!!

9K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  matt99tj 
#1 ·
I am ordering a Tera 60 front axle but have a few questions. Let me tell you what I know and what I know I don't know and you guys can tell me what I don't know, I don't know. :confused: First off it's going into a 99 TJ with a RE 5.5 long arm w/custom tri-uppers, rear Tera60 4.56 gears, ARB, 35 spline axles, Atlas 5.0, 1410 rear pinion High Angle Drive 1350 CV with there flange. The front will be a ARB locker((( What spline count for the ARB, 35 right ?))) Now the outer shafts should be 35 spline??? and what u-joint??? Teraflex has hubs called a Uniberring??? What knuckles, Tera says they make there own??? High Steer, again Tera says they make there own. I talked to Jess at High Angle and I will be going with a 1410 yoke and his front shaft w/1350 cv.

#4 ·
well, let me ask this...is there a specific reason you are going with a tera axle...why not a pro rock or the new(er) Rockcrusher? I would go with either of those housings before the Tera...and I dotn care too much for any type of unit bearing (doesn;t Dynatrac use a unit bearing?)...I also bet you could have a shop like Mad4WD build you a Rockcrusher with Dedenbears or Crane knuckles for about the same or maybe just a little more but you will have WAY more strength over a BJ 60...:D

#11 ·
So the Crane inner and outer knuckles are the way to go. What u joints??, 35 spline inners and outters but what brand, hubs or drive flange, What brand?? I read the Warn 35 spline outter upgrade tech article, so is that the to go??

#13 ·
tubehead said:
You can do a front with the Crane stuff a little cheaper than $7500. The one in the pic was for a customer of mine for a single seater I'm building for him. The Crane stuff is sweet and worth the money.
i bet its atleast 7500 with GOOD AXLES not stock spicer stuff if it has a ARB in it quick add in the head gives me that and that would be doing it for free

#15 ·
matt99tj said:
I did some reading from that link and are the Crane high steer arms not recommended for now?? Are the OTT ones' better and will they fit the Crain knuckle??

what do you mean the high steer arms are not rocommended now? IMO, the Cranes with the key are the envy of the industry...at this point you will not get a better setup...

#16 ·
"Overall a good first design from Crane, with an innovative and extremely useful indexing system, that could use some refinements.*** BREAKING NEWS *** Here's the really cool thing - I shared all of these initial opinions of mine with Tim Plamondon, one of the key players at Crane High Clearance (who is, incidentally, a fourth or fifth generation pattern maker [that's a dude who makes things from molten steel!], a heck if a nice guy to talk to, with a keen interest, super technical ability, and great customer service) I also shared with him a few other observations and design ideas I haven't yet published here, as he has agreed to work with me in designing and developing the ULTIMATE D60 high steering arm, one that can truly take it's place beside their great knuckles. Stay tuned - I will post results, impressions, and more testing here as the project progresses." FROM ---- The BillaVista 60 Bomb Proof Dana 60 Pirates4x4.com If you read through the artical he mentions that the thinest part of the steering arm is a 1/2 inch. I got the impression that it was a nice way of saying that maybe one should wait until an improved version is realeased, maybe I read too much into it! :confused: :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.