Pirate 4x4 banner

Digg-ity Dope!

4K views 44 replies 25 participants last post by  scoutkid 
#1 ·

If the sounds of EZ-E, NWA or 2-Live Crew are running in your mind ~

CURE IT by checking out the other photo's from the RMIHR 2004.

I just posted my pictures of the RMIHR on the RMB server. I didn't get a ton of pictures, but I was stuck behind a vendor's booth most of the weekend. Then I had to leave early Sunday due to some dehydration issues...

More at www.dandcextreme.com/club
Click on "PHOTOS" then on "RMIHR!"

See less See more
#4 ·
:laughing:

Oh man... Who the FAWK does stuff like that? We'll turn you away if you show up at the AZIHR looking like that!

:laughing: :laughing:

well, not really... But we should.

#8 ·
The Joker said:
Great now I want a Tractor :flipoff2:

Happens I have a lead on one. $250 and comes with a shitload of parts.

I might be convinced to divulge, but I don't wanna see it parted out then the body sent to the masher.

IIRC, my freind said it was a 64 and has at leas one set of SII axles with it. something about the guy is selling it because he doesn't want to outbard the springs.

NQS

#11 ·
Jim Maulis built the 'copper' colored scout for a guy named Kent Stevens. Stevens has more money than the state of colorado and supposedly 2 or 3 huge buildings FULL of collector cars. He was telling me how he just sold most of his mopar collection for between 60k and 200k per car!

Anyhow, the specs on the truck, if anyone cares:

total resto, all new metal
paint is from Australia, JUST the color cost ~$800
Standard D44's gonna do hydroboost soon
20" rims of course
2.5" lift
recaro seats, rear sear redone to match
BUILT 500 caddy, forged pistons, lumpy cam, lazer ported heads, aluminum intake, THE WORKS
turbo 400 tranny

he won best paint at RMIHR, the motor has 4 miles on it, and the owner wanted to drive it home to Aspen!! We talked him out of it :D that nice motor needs broken in first.

Stevens has a bling travlr too, with the same 20" wheel and tire combo, XM radio, big system, VERY bling!

Attachments

#14 ·
scoutkid said:
Jim Maulis built the 'copper' colored scout for a guy named Kent Stevens. Stevens has more money than the state of colorado and supposedly 2 or 3 huge buildings FULL of collector cars. He was telling me how he just sold most of his mopar collection for between 60k and 200k per car!

Anyhow, the specs on the truck, if anyone cares:

total resto, all new metal
paint is from Australia, JUST the color cost ~$800
Standard D44's gonna do hydroboost soon
20" rims of course
2.5" lift
recaro seats, rear sear redone to match
BUILT 500 caddy, forged pistons, lumpy cam, lazer ported heads, aluminum intake, THE WORKS
turbo 400 tranny

he won best paint at RMIHR, the motor has 4 miles on it, and the owner wanted to drive it home to Aspen!! We talked him out of it :D that nice motor needs broken in first.

Stevens has a bling travlr too, with the same 20" wheel and tire combo, XM radio, big system, VERY bling!
So he spent a ton of money to have it restored and the doors don't even shut right?? :rolleyes:

You should have let him drive it home ... it isn't going to break itself in by sitting in the garage... :flipoff2:

#15 ·
Snoopy said:
the only thing I see wrong with it, other than I don't care for the rim STYLE chosen (size isn't and issue) it that it is too tall for that tire/wheel combo. Drop it a few inches and it would look much more balanced, or slap a decent set of Nitto "offroad" tires with a more agressive looking tread and a little more side-wall (aka taller tire) and fill up the wheel well some more. Maybe re-radius the wheel wells some to get the tire to fit in there "just right"

Big-Inch rims can be cool, when done right. I think this guys is close, but not quite there.

You guys need to expand your tastes more. Heck, I think is cool that a guy was willing/wanting to dump a bunch of money into an old IH products and keep it around.

#16 ·
I never said I didn't like it....I just think it needs something else to make it a real nice Scout (not that it isn't, its just not my style).

As noted by someone before, I think it should have gotten dropped to the ground. Then I'd take it to Keck and have him re-do the wheel openings until there is a perfect gap between the fenders and the tires (I probibly would have used 18" rims as well ~ same over-all tire hieght, but I think it'd give it a more agressive look than those little sidewalls. Not sure if I'd shave that windsheild down, but I'd definately put matching bucket seats in the back, get a custom bed cover and a custom interior.

I think it be cool to have a roadster Scout, but that's a silly dream of mine. :D :D :D

#19 ·
Snoopy said:
I think it be cool to have a roadster Scout, but that's a silly dream of mine. :D :D :D
This is about as much of a roadster as a scout should be.

#21 ·
Old Scout said:
This is about as much of a roadster as a scout should be.
That's nicely done.

I've often said I would love to find a 6 cyl scout, put a half cab on it, and use it for a (relatively) efficient gas commuter. I love the look of half cabs, and terra caps on 100wb scouts.

#22 ·
Sully said:
That's nicely done.

I've often said I would love to find a 6 cyl scout, put a half cab on it, and use it for a (relatively) efficient gas commuter. I love the look of half cabs, and terra caps on 100wb scouts.
I've had a similar idea.... I'd like to pick up an SII in decent shape, put a Terra top on it and drop in a Cummins 4bt to make an effecient (and still pretty damn stout) oil burnin' DD out of it.

#23 ·
Mechanos said:
I've had a similar idea.... I'd like to pick up an SII in decent shape, put a Terra top on it and drop in a Cummins 4bt to make an effecient (and still pretty damn stout) oil burnin' DD out of it.
Hell Yeah!!! :D Course I am damn happy with my SD33T, but it isn't really "normal" anymore. I think eventually a 5.9BT is going in my 74 200, but who knows.

Carl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.