Pirate 4x4 banner

pics of a slave cyl set up on a sm465

16K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  pcorssmit 
#1 ·
looks like the factory chevy set up was all "rod and lever"
what have you done to convert to a hydrolic slave cyl.
pics would be appreciated

thanx
jim

#4 ·
ILL GET SOME PICS TONIGHT. I used a toy land crusier slave cyl that bolts to the bellhousing. Then ran a steel braided line to the stock master

#6 ·
i made mine this past weekend... seome 1" wide 3/16 strap bolts to the bellhousing bolts and a brace back to the block that supports the back... doesnt flex..

then a few hours after it was made, i saw the chevy hydro bell housing. looks pretty sweet...i would lean toward that route...... anyone know the years for this?

sorry, i know pics are worth 1000 words

#8 ·
slave cylinder

i used the original bellhousing off the 465 and used a kit that UPS uses on there truck. it had the slave cylinder, the bracket, and the clutch. ups replaces all that stuff regularly even if it is not worn out. just search there dumpster behind one of there terminals. ha! ha! just talk to there mechanics and they will probably give ya the stuff they remove.

#13 ·
FYI- the bracket pictured above by GC bandit is available from advance adapters. It also has holes to run a Jeep slave cylinder if you want something more common and easier to pickup than the more rare 'cruiser stuff. Its the bracket I have as well. Don't recall the price ?19.99?.

#15 ·
Brian1 said:
Note - to bleed it I have to take it off and flip it so the bleeder is on top, I couldnt find a fitting to install it the "correct" way.
You have the fittings. :p The body of the slave is threaded with 1/8" NPT pipe threads. Swap the brass fittings for the bleed and supply, and you'll have it handled.

Randii

#16 · (Edited)
randii said:
You have the fittings. :p The body of the slave is threaded with 1/8" NPT pipe threads. Swap the brass fittings for the bleed and supply, and you'll have it handled.

Randii
I should have been more specific :D 90 degree fitting with an AN fitting, it just wasnt going to happen in the space I had without it hanging down too far and hitting the exhaust. I spent a good part of a day running around town and looking online for fittings. I did find fittings for it but it was stupid looking by the time I had it hooked up. Small inconvienence but I dont have to bleed it very often.

#18 ·
I have a stock hydro clutch bellhousing for an SM 465 for sale, off an '87 K5 Blazer. I'm in the SE Denver metro area, if you're interested, email me pete.corssmit@stollemachinery.com.

Those brackets are a pretty slick idea.

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.