Pirate 4x4 banner

Tire size ?

697 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rockr 
#1 · (Edited)
I skimmed through the FAQs section and got a headache :( so, here goes: I just picked up a super clean '96 Cherokee for the Mrs. and now I'm wondering if I can fit 31x10.50x15s on the factory alloy wheels (shitload of backspacing :eek: ) and a 3" lift without any clearance issues. Keep in mind it's going to be a daily driver that'll see some light (for now :D ) wheeling. Thanks.......Hans

#3 ·
Thanks. New (but related) topic: I will need a lift to run this tire, well, when I was looking at Cherokees to buy I test drove one with a 3" Pro Comp lift and 31" BFG A/Ts and I was so impressed with how nice it rode, it was really plush! I was looking at kits by Pro Comp, Superlift and Rough Country. These are all complete kits with shocks. I know these don't compare to kits from Rubicon Express or Rock Krawler but maximum articulation isn't as big concern as price so that's why I considered these three kits. My question: Of these three kits, which one has the nicest (most comfortable) highway ride. I'm going to try and sneak all this on without the Mrs' knowledge......think she'll notice :eek: Thanks for any input.......Hans

#4 ·
Okay, I just noticed my post was moved to the Newbie / general 4x4 discussion section. I know it's not hardcore tech but, it is a Jeep specific topic, that's why I posted there, I figured the JEEP guys would know the answers I was looking for and it would stand a better chance of being read by JEEP guys......you guys kill me :rolleyes: Oh, yeah I'm not a Newbie either.........Hans

#5 ·
I'd have to say yes. Thats almost the exact same combination as my wifes DD. It's an 89 Cherokee with a 3 or 3 1/2 in.(it's been a while) Procomp lift and 31.5 BFG AT's on the factory rims. I didn't use any spacers and on a tight turn, the tires rub the control arms slightly but no sheetmetal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.