Pirate 4x4 banner

Jrjeepparts

12K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  Cinaed 
#1 ·
Anyone deal with him?

I had a want add on here a couple months ago for a nv4500.He PM'd me and said he rebuilds them and sells them. I really didn't want to spend that much $$$$.But since I couldn't find one I decided to get one from him.I checked his feedback with Ebay because he has sold them there and it was perfect.Well to make the story short,he told me on the 1st my tranny was finished and ready to ship as soon as I paid for it.I paid on the 2nd with Paypal. That was a friday he said he would ship on the 5th or 6th.Then on the 7th he e-mails me and said that he was still waiting for a part.:confused: :mad3: . Then I didn't hear from till the 13th when he said he had recieved the part.Well still no tranny on the 18th so I called him.He claimed another part he was waiting on had just come in.:mad3: :mad3: and that he would send it on the 19th or 20th.Each time he has told me he would ship it he said he would send me a tracking # immediately after he shipped.Still nothing. I don't like to post up that he is a bad seller but I either need my tranny or my $$$$ back.

#29 ·
Well Paypal judged in my favor even though I got the trans,but when they tryed to retreve funds from his account they found it empty :mad3: .I don't understand why they are trying to give me my $$$$ back since I got the trans but I won't complain. I have not seen it myself yet as I had someone else pick it up,but hopefully all the pieces are there.

#32 ·
I orderd mine from him today. Hell of a nice guy and seemed very knowledgeable. Can't beat the price w/ a stick, and I'm in no hurry. Forward air is close enough to me. Did you get yours installed yet 67? He had referances, and they all had good things to say about his product, just he was slow.

#34 ·
I had a problem with this guy also. I ordered a NV4500 and atlas with adapter and everything ready to go. To make a long story short he promised me date but never delivered. Called him many times only to hear excuses. Anyways I sent him over 3 grand and didnt get a tracking number for 8 months!!!! The reason he finally got on it was because I told him if I didnt get a tracking number in 24 hours I wanted my money back. That got him in a hurry. Poor customer service but his work seems pretty good.

Jay

#36 ·
I'm gonna have to do something like that.

I researched JrJeepParts and Jim Clark, and while some had complaints they had gotten what they paid for. But that has not happened to me.

Jim Clark had a NV4500 transmission he was selling on Jeep Classifieds (http://www.jeep-classifieds.net) and I contacted him about it. He replied by email and I called him. He seemed nice enough and I said I wanted to pay it out in 3 or 4 payments and he said that would be fine. I also said PayPal was easiest for me and he said that was fine too. I paid $1200 to hold the transmission in April of 2005, then paid it off in September and October. He agreed that since my engine wasn't ready that he would hold the transmission. In three payments I paid a little over $2,200.00 Then I had to move to Georgia for a new job, and after I obtained a place to work on my truck and store some things I notified him I was ready for to receive the transmission. He said Ok to that in July, then again in August and September and I'm wondering what is up with this.

Then I get an email from him that he has no record of selling a transmission to me.

Well, I have Paypal transaction numbers. He received my money into his account and I have not received a transmission. He promised to ship a transmission and did not, so a "mechanic's lien" does not apply in this case.

$1200 (ID #22D76367EL904754E);
$700 (ID #2WK86568PM2929315);
$203.75 (ID #60P17234YW481513B). Total of $2,103.75.

Those are the PayPal transaction numbers. I am in Louisiana, but I will find this guy. If he will ship what I paid for that is all I'm asking for that will end any legal action I might take.

Kenneth Smith
Monroe, Louisiana

#41 ·
When did you get that transmission from Clark?

I suspect he doesn't keep very good records, and simply sold the transmission he had reserved for me to someone else.

He experienced a huge + to his bank account due to the money I gave him. It would be a good idea for him to deliver the product he promised.

Kenneth Smith
Monroe, Louisiana

#42 ·
Jim Clark

I had him rebuild a NV3550 and a Dana 300 (yeah I should have done it myself, but i wanted to get the proj running). He is a nice guy in person, I've been to his shops several times. He's given me small misc parts for the previous T176. I could see how he would be late/lose info, kinda disorganized. I have his address if anyone really wants it. He lives in Greenwood, IN on the weekends and stays at his shop in Danville, IL during most of the week.

Just my $0.02

ryan

#44 ·
looks like Jim Clark never sent Kenneth his transmission either.....funny that I got an email from Jim saying he sells rebuilt units (he found a wanted ad I had posted). Looks like he won't be getting my business, seeing as how he still hasn't sent the paid nv4500 to someone I know.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.