Pirate 4x4 banner

aftermarket heater?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  gumbojeepyj 
#1 ·
im thinking about completely removing the heating system in my cj7. good idea? i have a chevy v8 and i think an aftermarket heater would be better. any suguestions?

#3 ·
I'd just upgrade the blower motor. Chevy Blazer or Suburban blower motors are cheap, easy to install, and provide a lot more volume then the stock blower motor. I used one out of a Suburban with A/C and at -10 degrees, it does its job nicely. Biggest problem in Jeeps is the crappy plenum design due to space constraints. There is an aftermarket directional vent that mounts to the factory plenum outlets that helps also (check 4WD Hardware) but the blower upgrade will help your defrost capabilities considerably.

#4 ·
I'm running a Mojave in my rig. Completely removed the stock heater box assembly and used that space on the firewall to mount my MSD ignition box. There's plenty of room left over to mount other goodies that I want to keep out of sight and high and dry when slogging though the wet stuff.

The Mohave is great. It'll melt the icicles off an eskimo's nuts in record time. :D I have no problem heating the whole interior with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.