Pirate 4x4 banner

1999 MJ 1 ton build

19K views 53 replies 30 participants last post by  BLACK RAM CTD 
#1 ·
Started with an 88 2wd 4banger MJ and a 99 rolled cherokee and was just planing on building a nice daily driver and weekend trail truck at first. Swaped everything from the XJ to the MJ and decided to go 1 tons. Here's a couple pictures of where I'm at so far.

swaped the 99 front clip, dash,engine and trans. bobed the bed 7", LED's. spring over in the rear with a bastard leaf pack

Swaping in a chevy C&C 14 bolt with disc brakes,5.13's and a detroit

See less See more
#39 ·
nothing nreally. Just got the front 60 (1988)and I'm starting to get it tore down and narrow it about 2 to 3 inches on the long side. I just moved out of my old shop and into a new house (with a small garage) so I'm still trying to get my self settled in. I'll get some pictures up soon

#43 · (Edited)
What backspace you running on the rims? I love this build, needs more pics for motivation for my buddy. I first looked at this and thought it was his, he is doing almost the same thing to an ugly mustard Mj and a black Xj. Minus the axles, he has yet to pick up a set.

here is the link to the start and lull that has become his jeep :D http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3479

#44 ·
Those wheels have 4" BS but aren't the rims that I'm going to be running on it. Just using them to roll it around. I need some motivation my self New Pictures wil be up soon.

#46 · (Edited)
no updates. I didn't quit. Just taking a litle rest but it's more or less in the same state as the last pictures. I have been working on this rig for "echo4charlie" for the easter jeep safari at Moab. Just got back a couple weeks ago from Moab and that's got my creative juices flowing again so there will be some updates real soon. Here's a couple pictures of Echo4charlie's rig.

#48 ·
90 XJ 4.0 AW4 NP231
79 Ford HP 60, 35 spline inner and outer Cromos, 5.38's and a detroit
79 60 rear with stock shafts, Spool and 5.38's
42" TSL's on 16.5 x 10 DIY beadlocks
******* Ram Hydro assist
Moded Rustys Arms
8" skyjacker front springs
Plated Uni body
Mystery rear springs
Raised tank
around 106 wheel base
Custom interrior and exo cages.
Twisted stitch suspension seats.
4 point belts

That's about it

#50 ·
I really want an flatbed MJ for a utility vehicle and this thread isnt helping. Currently, theres one on CL for $600 locally that needs a little work and Im tempted to say screw rent, Ill take it. Especially since Im taking the 4.0 out of my ZJ for a 5.2. Youre NOT helping me manage my addiction.

My name is Wilson and I have a problem...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.