Pirate 4x4 banner

jeep exos

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  crawlinTJ 
#1 · (Edited)
jeep exos w pics : )

so my jeep is getting pretty big now, and when the 38 sx's get put on, i want to go with an exo cage. only problem is i haven't seen many cool exo's on jeeps, mostly toys. and the jeeps that do have them are pretty much just tube frames with body on top of that. i want tube on TOP of the body. oh, and how do you feel about building the entire thing out of cromoly, i think i can get it for next to nothing. how thick should the cromoly be?

here is a pic of my rig under construction in the shop right now, please toss me some ideas. its gonna be flat fender with most of the rear fenders cut out so i can push the rear axle about 8 inches back on a coil suspension. and would you ditch the inner cage or just keep it under the exo seperate.

those are 35 inch boggers on it for the moment, and everything is just getting fabbed up, so don't make any cracks about the steering, the high steer isn't on yet. the rear is just kinda hanging there.

See less See more
#2 ·
I've seen plenty of XJ's with exos, but not to many CJ/TJ/YJ's.
I'm sure if you look around some though, you'll find some of em with exocages.

#3 ·
i've looked, i've seached, i've found a few. some are ok. i was hoping to find a bunch to provide some inspiration, and so i could see what people are thinking. its amazing how many different ways you can approach a toyota with the same concept.

i think with a front bar that sticks above the hood, windshield down, full cage, full width jeep you really don't need one. of course when you just want to drive the thing on its side though, you can't do without it.

lets see those PICS!!

#7 ·
Here's the front half of mine. Not done yet, cause I can't decide how I want the rear done. But I like the jeep above's layout alot.

This was done by Hunter Off-Road here in Tempe. As much I would have liked to do it, I knew I wouldn't be able to weld and bend like he can with the years of experience. Plus since I would actually be using it (and the fact that the tube/bumper are tied in to the winch plate), I wanted something that would hold up. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.