Pirate 4x4 banner

36, 37, 38 x 12.50 r16.5 Swampers, etc... in AL

17K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  beastieburban91 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's the deal, I have 10 different sets of tires (4/set = 40 tires TOTAL + 1) listed below:

...all in in GREAT condition... sidewalls good (no dry-rot, cuts), rim beads are good (no tears), and treads are good (no big cuts, just slight nicks & rock rash on tops, but side-lugs are EXCELLENT! I've had these stored in my storage unit over the past few years, so they've been kept dry & cool and look great.

I've accumulated these over the past 4 years for the 7 different trucks I have, with plans to use them, but they're just taking up space in storage right now, & I need $$... to finish some of these trucks up & pay some bills. I don't remember what I paid for these... just been collecting them as the opportunity arises... so I'm just going to price them by their % tread = % of NEW price... but with a slight discount since I need these gone!

(Note: I obtained all the prices from:

*Except for the 37" & 41" military tires... which I could ONLY find on eBay.

4 – Super Swamper SX 36x12.50r16.5 - 85% tread = NEW: $904.32 my price: SOLD

4 – Super Swamper SX 36x12.50r16.5 - 80% tread = NEW: $904.32 my price: $675

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 – Super Swamper SSR 37x12.50r16.5 - 75% tread = NEW: $1,194.64 my price: $800

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 – Super Swamper SX 38x12.50r16.5 - 70% tread = NEW: $998.52 my price: SOLD

4 - Super Swamper SX 38x12.50r16.5 - 50% tread = NEW: $998.52 my price: SOLD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 – GoodYear MTR Radials 285/70R17 (33”) - 15% tread = NEW: $999.80 my price: $50

4 – GoodYear Wrangler RT II 36x12.50r16.5 - 90% tread = NEW: $449 my price: $400

4 – GoodYear Wrangler RT II 36x12.50r16.5 - 75% tread = NEW: $449 my price: $325

4 – GoodYear Wrangler RT II 36x12.50r16.5 - 25% tread = NEW: $449 my price: $100

4 – GoodYear Wrangler MT 37x12.50r16.5 - approx. 50%, = NEW: $740.00 my price: $350

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 – Michelin XL 12.5 r20 (41”) - 50% tread = NEW: $1,000 my price: $500

* I'm located in Auburn, AL... 2 hrs South of Atlanta, GA... 45 min. West of Columbus, GA.... 45 min. North of Montgomery, AL... & 2.5 hrs. S.E. of Birmingham,AL

email me at: extremenick@yahoo.com for more info, to come see them, etc.

*I'm negotiable on these prices, so email me what you want & we'll work out a deal.

-Nick

See less See more
#4 ·
Buy you some 16.5x9.75 Steelies for $65 each & problem solved... they've got them in: 5 on 5.5, 5 on 135mm, 6, 8 on 6.5, 8 -SuperDuty lug patterns. If you've got a Jeep or Ranger w/ the 5 on 4.5 pattern, just buy some 1" SpiderTrax spacers/adaptors ($199/ set of 4) to convert to a 5 on 5.5... so now you can run your wheels on a Jeep or Ford/Dodge 1/2 Ton. :smokin:

FYI: I've got all 16.5r tires b/c I have a tire changer at my shop & can swap tires b/t trucks easily w/ just 1 rim size... since I have a '00 F-150, '80 F-150, '77 Dodge Dually on Hummer rims... etc, so I have 16.5 rims in just about all patterns made... just NO 6 lug Chevy's! :p If I wasn't running the rims on my trucks, I'd offer to sell you set.

#8 ·
For anybody who's long distance & needs these shipped I'll check into quotes if you'd like... hopefully ship them for $100 - $150/set on a pallet? No matter what the cost is, I'll knock $50 off the price of any set, to help out w/ the added shipping costs or gas $ for anyone having to drive a long distance or ship in order to get these.

#13 · (Edited)
As far as the 39" Boggers... it's crazy that you mention that b/c I actually have a set (4) of 39.5 x 18 r16.5 Boggers with 25% tread that I was debating either keeping & carving up w/ a tire groover, or saving 2 as spares & selling off the other 2 for $50 each.

I don't have any pics of them right now, but I can take some on Thurs. if you think you'd be interested. I see that your profile says you're at Ellsworth AFB, SD so I checked freightquote.com, and to ship that 1 tire... wrapped on a pallet, terminal-to-terminal, would be: $158.02 with USF Holland. It sucks that you're so far away & the price is so much to ship freight... but if you'd like this tire & another set of 4, that could offset your shipping cost: 5 tires on 1 pallet would be $275.75 w/ USF Holland... basically just $117 more. I won't charge anything to pallet, wrap, & deilver it to a terminal... just the price we agree on for the tires.

Unless, if I sell you all (4) 39" Boggers for $200... and you could keep the extra 3 or sell them locally for anyone else that may need spares. This way, it would be beneficial for both of us... since it would offset your shipping cost, and mine for the cost of getting a pallet, wrap, and gas to take it to a terminal 30 min. from me... which I'd do for FREE if I'm selling at least a set of 4... but wouldn't be worth it for a $50 tire.

Let me know if you're still interested and I'll take pics of the (4) 39" Boggers for you. Thanks.

-Nick

#16 ·
Yeah, no kidding! I collect tires, lifts, axles, etc... w/ intentions of using them but... but I've accumlated enough to make 20 trucks! :shaking: What can I say... I'm a sucker for a $500 truck in need of a "little" work, which is why I have 5 trucks in various stages of lifts, engine rebuilds, axle swaps, etc. I almost enjoy the building these trucks more than the actual finished product... b/c once it's done, I'm bored & want something different.

Well, hopefully I'll be able to pass some good deals along to folks in need of 36" -38" tires... and eliminate one storage bill. :)

#19 ·
Bump for a truely standup guy..

Hey fellahs i have delt with this guy before...he is truly stand up and cool...I expected to be fucked over and he didnt do such...I stand by my word that you wont be dissapointed in dealing with him...

I purchased and chassis and cab from his and it was all he stated before i towed it back down...Id but anything from him and he is not about bullshit...

And this is from a real hard to get along guy..

#20 · (Edited)
Thanks for the props, I'm glad that cab/chassis worked out for you. I have to agree, that was a very smooth transaction & you're, likewise, are a great guy.

If those 35" MTR's you had on your RC wear out or you want to save them & need something to trash on the weekends, I think you'd be really happy w/ the 36" SX's I have. I've got several sets w/ 50-80% tread (in the center of the tread @ the lowest spot)... but I'll sell them at discount below their % of the price of new. If you or anyone else has any questions or interest, don't hesitate to email me for more detailed pics, or prices for a specific % of tread.

Also, my brother lives in Fayetteville, GA... 30 min. South of Atlanta, so I can leave a set w/ him whenever I'm up there visiting, for anyone in the ATL area that want's a set but doesn't want to drive 2hrs down here... and he wouldn't mind anyone coming by to see them.

-Nick

#25 · (Edited)
I still have the one's listed above, except I sold the 70% 38" SX's, but still have one more identical set, just with 50%... I'm asking $450 for these. And, I have (2) 38" SX spare tires, they have 50% and 35% tread but still in good shape.... I asking $100 each for these.

As far as wheels, I checked around since I'd had several people asking what lug patterns are available, and the BEST prices I found were at:

http://www.tyres1.com

*The best / Cheapest deal by far are the White rims (you can re-paint them whatever color you want) by U.S. Steel:

16.5 x 8.25 - $52

16.5 x 9.75 - $54

* Chrome steel rims:

16.5 x 8.25 - $69

16.5 x 8.25 - $75

* Chrome outer / Black center steel rims:

16.5 x 8.25 - $69

16.5 x 9.75 - $74

* I checked and all of these should be available in every lug pattern (5, 6, & 8 lugs) EXCEPT for the Jeep/Ford ranger 5 on 4.5 and the Chevy S10 5 on 4.75. But, SpiderTrax makes adapters for these which convert 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5:

http://www.spidertrax.com

* when you go to order the wheels, they may only show options on the website for 8 on 6.5 lug, but call their 1-800 number and they can order for your certain lug pattern.

Hope this helps.

-Nick

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.