Pirate 4x4 banner

Snowline - Hwy 4/Hwy 88/Hwy 50 ?

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  microtus 
#1 ·
Wondering if you guys know how far the snow is right now...

Thanks.

#2 ·
I have never really thought about it before and am wondering if there is an on-line source for the info? I guess you could try calling the local Ranger office and ask them. They could probably give you more updated info as I remember them having a report of the forest roads conditions that was done at least twice a week.

#5 ·
An online source would be cool. Sometimes, I plan my trips at night, when the rangers are closed. Other times, I've called ranger stations and had the phone ring forever, or go to voicemail every time. Hit and miss.

There are a lot of nice areas up in those parts, and they happen to be my very favorite in CA.

Silver Lake, Strawberry, and Bear Valley all have their gems. The bug is biting and I'm itching to go.

Come on snow - MELT. Come on rangers - open the gates!

:)

#6 ·
#7 ·
I posted this a few weeks ago but it kind of fits the question about snow levels in different areas. This site shows weather/snow/temps/etc at various weather sites. I would imagine there are others if you look hard enough.

Though it dosn't give information on what elevation you might find snow it's still a good indicator of whats out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.