Pirate 4x4 banner

miller 175 question

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  chopper883 
#1 ·
well today i took out the welder to do a project, well i couldn't remember if the gas constantly flowed with out the trigger depressed, well it was and i would have to turn off the welder to stop the gas flow is this right?

also does the fan constantly run as well?

its been a while since i used it and i cant rember for the life of me so is there something wrong with my machine

#5 ·
hummm interesting, i will be in touch with the company i bought it form tommorw and see what they have to say about this.

anyone have anything to chim in as well requarding this, i know gas should only flow with the trigger depressed(as it used to do that but now dosent) but i dont recal the fan continusly running.

hopefully i can get this sorted out as i stopped my project due to this.

#9 ·
The "fan on demand" thing is a relatively new occurrence in the miller welder lines, and mostly only on their bigger machines. The instruction manual for a 2006 MM175 does not list it as having "fan on demand", but it does say in the trouble shooting guide that the fan should run when the power switch is on. On my MM135 I had about 4 years ago the fan ran constantly. As for the gas flow, that is not normal, but it is not unusual for the gas solenoids to go bad, nor is it difficult to replace them. At a year old, it should be well within warranty still, and if you don't want to send it in, miller will send you a new solenoid to swap out. It is a pretty simple job.

Later,
Jason

#11 ·
well jsut got it back today form the repair shop, yes it wasent jsut a solinoid, they had to replace the pc board. seems to work good so far. kinda shitty that with the lttle use i gave it that this machine has become faulty but i am glad it was covered under warrenty. hopefully this is the last of the problems. and yes the fan constanty runs on the smaller machines

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.