Pirate 4x4 banner

comp cutting a cherokee REAR

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  vetteboy79 
#1 · (Edited)
hey me and a buddy have a 99 cherokee that we'er building up. prolly doing rockwells and some type of big tire, maybe xml's...low budget cherokee no compitition use so i don't need all the weight weenies to chime in, lol. and yes its gonna have some crazy beefy sub frame, no unibody crap.

Anyway, ive started cutting the rear out and wanted to get some opinions on reinforcing the rear as i plan to cut out the lower section in the rear pillar. i have a pic that shows what i'm thinkin of doin...anyone have pics of their ideas or what not?

the bottom pic is my lame paint illistration. the gray spry painted area is what i have left to cut out, the thick red line would be maybe 2x3 tubing to support the pillar. btw i'm linking the rear, taking the leafs out. then the thin red line would just be some dom tubing.

See less See more
#3 ·
only issues I have seen with comp cuts is making sure you pinch weld the panels back together :D

the rear fender has a big ole pinch weld that you cut off when doing this....the body will tend to twist back and forth seperating over time...unibody shit you know :D

#10 ·
Man you guys have some damn good pics. I wish I took more when I fab.:shaking: I did an almost indentical cut/wheel well/and truss job as rockcontrol. Here is the best photo I have. Although I have a 22 gallon fuel cell bolted to the "bed?" where your tank is. Very clean pics though, I am humbled, doh!!:homer:

Sorry you don't have a very good view, but you do have a good idea of the line I took.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.