Pirate 4x4 banner

32 Spline SM465 to NP205

10K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  rugby 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought a 32 Spline NP205 ($200 :grinpimp:) today to go behind the SM465 (also 32 spline) in my 89 blazer. The adapter looks like this:

I *think* there is the short 32 spline in this thing. Please correct me if I'm wrong. What do I need to do to get this thing attached to my SM465?

See less See more
#3 ·
It's circle 6 bolt pattern. I can't find the right adapter. I searched. Couldn't find shit. Googled. Couldn't find shit. Then checked Advanced, don't think I found what I need. I suck at the interweb I guess. Someone got a link?

#6 ·
even you find the right adapter i still not sure it wil work 4 u as i am almost positive that the female input on the 205 is a different length- depth also
but try your local gm dealer and get that part nu then go to gmpartsdirect.com
but like i said be ready to buy a new input 4 your 205 also because as kwt mec allready said its from a early 400 best of luck
R

#8 ·
The 205 you show in the picture is a "figure eight" pattern, and will not work with a 32 spline 465. It has a short 32 spline input gear.
You need a "round" 205 used from 1985-91, and the scarce 465/round 205 adapter.

The transfer case and adapter you have are very marketable, and should get you close to and even trade for the round 205 you need.

Jimbo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.