Pirate 4x4 banner

steering shaft question

839 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  yield2me 
#1 ·
Ok I have read all the threads I could find.. Anybody know the thread count at the steering shaft---base of the column (where the steering shaft slides on just above the rag joint). I am looking at my options to get a u-joint on the steering shaft and rather locate a new part rather than do something I have no time for(yard hunting)...

Thanks for any info....

#2 ·
A Toyota IFS steering u-joint will bolt up to the rag joint flange. I dont know if the Yota u-joint will fit on a stock box though. When I did My IFS steering I used this joint. All I had to do to make it bolt up was drill the bolt holes out one size on both parts(1/32).

#3 ·
The rig is going full hydro--so the end is a mute point--I just need to get a u-joint on the shaft and figured if I could figure out the spline count that maybe I could find an aftermarket U-joint and mount it right at the column end...

#7 ·
Perfect--thanks for the info guys. Just trying to find a good option for a u-joint since the steering column points pretty low and I want the orbitral up near the front of the frame..... Figured I could find one of those universal styles with the set screws...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.