Pirate 4x4 banner

Morow County ORV Park

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  smalltowncowboy 
#1 ·
Went on a service call yesterday. Older guy that couldn't bring his trailer in for service, so we went to him... All the way to Sunflower Flat Road! :eek: Figured, if we were going that far, let's at least take the quads.

The entire drive up there, I'm waiting to get into some snow. We could see patches of snow up on the hillsides, but you could definitly tell that those were the spots that didn't get any sun. All creeks and streams were pretty high and the water was flowing pretty fast.

Service call went quick. We were all in the "ride" mode (3 of us) and didn't want to waste any time. On to the park. Pulling into the parking lot, first impressions: DRY! We were a little scared because we had heard nothing but horror stories about how much snow was still up there. Turkey hunters had been coming into the shop talking about lots and lots of snow, up to 4 feet still, all over the place. Looking at the pictures of the Jubilee run really had me worried.

Unloaded the quads and went for a quick ride just to get it out of our system. Dry and dusty is all I can say. There wasn't even alot of the typical springtime mud. We didn't go as far as to ride to the back side of the park while we were there, but we covered a good chunk of ground. We stuck to the moderate trails because one of the quads we took didn't have the suspension, or the tires, to do much. In all the ground we covered, we only rode through three spots that still had snow across the trail.

Weather was absolutly beautiful. The wind stayed away for most of the day and I rode with just jeans and a t-shirt on. Got the sunburn to prove it.:smokin: Ate lunch and went on one more ride before we loaded up and went to the Holloman Ranch.

Unloaded again there and rode our asses off. I hadn't rode there before. Definitly somewhere I want to ride again. Found a good rock patch that was killer on me and the quad. I couldn't stay off of it. My arms, shoulders, and knees are kiling me today. I've got two bent rims that won't hold air and my chain is making noise.

Cliff notes: ORV park is open and ready to ride. Bring your dust mask. I say one more week, and there won't be any snow at all.

See less See more
#5 ·
I have been through all the man made rock areas at MCOHV including the rock garden area. Depending on your rig, they can be some what challenging and can take up most of a day if you hit all of them. However, you don't feel like you accomplished much at the end of the day. They are pretty much a 20' wide by 100' long strip of 35ish" boulders. The man made stuff like this is ok once in a while but not all day, IMHO.

#7 ·
Hey there guys! My inlaws live in Irrigon and I went to MCOHV with my father in law a couple years ago on our quads. It was a good time, but like you said ,DUSTY! I'm from Idaho originally so I'm used to riding in dry climates but damn. I am definately enjoying the lack of said dust out here on the coast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.