Pirate 4x4 banner

drive over trailer fenders???

93K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  JF 
#1 · (Edited)
I am widening a trailer for my truck and would like to see some ideas on drive over fenders?

Sorry if you think i am in the wrong forum, it just seems that the tow rig and trailer section is more worried about how much weight a tundra will pull.

Thanks

#2 ·
Heres a set a local shop did(MORE Performance in carson city nevada...)

For my own I just build a structure kinda like that one that can be removed for when I haul one of my nice classics...Ill go take a pic if you want me to....

#21 ·
It's a 2008 Kraftsman "Built in NC" custom ordered with the Extra tall neck, drive over fenders, and no-dovetail. I Like the idea of a Dodge, New Chevy, or a Medium Duty truck on 22.5's and I wanted to make sure my trailer would still fit in the bed.

Trailer weighs 3700lbs and is rated for 14K. Price was $5250 plus tax & tags etc.

This is my second kraftsman trailer and I would recomend them to anyone.:grinpimp:

#14 ·
i just bent a 1.75 tube to match the profile of the factory fender and welded it on. added some expanded metal along the top side to give it some traction so slipping off and crushing the stockers is harder. havent had a problem yet.

#19 · (Edited)
i bought a really thick factory style fender for mine. then welded a support in the center from the trailer's frame to the bottom side of the top of the fender. never had a problem with them, and my fenders are set so there is maybe 1/4" of clearance with the jeep loaded (lowered the fenders so i can get my cars doors open when i haul it).

#20 · (Edited)
cheep easy way i seen is if you already have the flimsy fenders, just take some 2x10 pieces of wood. hammer them together shape them so they are just a bit bigger then fender, secure and drive over. easy

im surprised i have a pic of it. you can see the wood on that black trailer. that jeep in the back parks on it. where as my truck i just put donuts on as you can see on the red trailer

#22 ·
You guys are making this too difficult. I dont have any pics at the moment but here is what I did.

I have a big tex steel deck trailer with the normal fenders. I took a cut off wheel and cut the fender off flush with the deck. I built a couple of scissor hinges and put them on the front and rear of the fender. Installed a latch between the two tires that holds the fender down to the frame and added a few tabs to the frame that the fender hooks into. So, you just flip the latch, grab the fender, and flop it out over the outside of the tires. Flip it back up, the tabs lock the fender back into position, and hook the latch to hold them down. That way, if you are broke dick when you get back to the trailer, you dont have to drive up and over, the deck is flat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.