Pirate 4x4 banner

s10 5 speed to 350

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  knaffie 
#1 ·
Wondering if anyone has ever, or seen the 5 speeds in s10's hooked up to a small block 350? And can you get an adapter for the transmission to hook up to a np205 or 208?

#6 ·
the 5 speed in a 4.3 s10 is a nv3500, the same 5 speed found in 88+ full size trucks with a 350. the nv3500 ive got sitting here (came out of an 88 k2500 LD) has an integrated t-case adapter. i would only assume the s10 version does too, and that it is designed for the 5 bolt round s10 pattern.

#7 ·
Take a look at your adapter to the S-10 t-case. If it is round you can probably adapt it but may have to have a shaft made. I think all S-10 inputs to the t-case were 27 spline, not sure but that would be the major hurdle. I presume your looking to go sas with a passenger drop axle. There is a real nice build in here from a guy in Colorado who recently did one using a Wagoneer drivers drop front axle. I think he may have upgraded his t-case to a 241, not sure. Search around under S-10 you'll find it, a real nice build.

#8 ·
Take a look at your adapter to the S-10 t-case. If it is round you can probably adapt it but may have to have a shaft made. I think all S-10 inputs to the t-case were 27 spline, not sure but that would be the major hurdle. I presume your looking to go sas with a passenger drop axle. There is a real nice build in here from a guy in Colorado who recently did one using a Wagoneer drivers drop front axle. I think he may have upgraded his t-case to a 241, not sure. Search around under S-10 you'll find it, a real nice build.
this is true

#9 · (Edited)
alright, i looked at the adaptr and it's not gonna work. Now i gotta choose between a th400 or a 700r4. My street and offroad is like 75 street and 25 percent 4x4. Any input on either and what to do to the trannies? I only run 33's on dana 44's, and i basicly do just mud/river runs. I'm not one for rock climbing, my buddies got a jeep for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.