Pirate 4x4 banner

pop up canopy?

18K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  quebeczuk 
#1 ·
about 5-8 years ago i saw a toyota pickup with a canopy (not a camper) that hinged open on top and a tent opened up, providing standing room in the truck bed and bed space on the hinged open area. also the back window sloped backwards, instead of forwards toward the cab. has anyone seen these or know what im talking about? ive always thought they were cool, way lighter than a camper, but more space than a standard canopy. :confused:

#3 ·
Bringing this one back up because I am interested in truck camping but can't afford/carry a full cab over and pull my trailer. I thought I scored when I saw the flippac camper shell http://www.flippac.com/ as it seemed like the way to stay dry, secure my gear and add as little weight as possible. That was until I found out they were $4,000 a pop.

The wildernest camper was an alternative but are discontinued as mentioned. I really would like to find something like the flippac but I cannot see a campershell with a tent glued to it costing that much. Isn't there a more cost effective alternative? Doesn't have to last 10 years, I just need something to hold me over until I get done with school and can actually afford nice stuff.

What do you think? Anything else out there like this?

#4 · (Edited)
#16 · (Edited)
Might want to look at this: www.AutohomeUS.com

Or search the web for roof top tent or car top tent

You can get one for less than 4k$ and depending on how you install it you can still carry things in your truck bed.

Faster to set it up than to get naked.

I installed mine on a trailer I built and I love it.

I plan on building an offroad trailer to carry it everywhere behind my zuk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.