Pirate 4x4 banner

FOJV future meeting location?

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  shoyrtt 
#1 ·
As the FOJV group continues to expand and bring in new people concerned about Johnson Valley, we are in need of a new meeting location. On average, we have 60 to 70 people at our meetings and unfortunately pizza restaurants don't seem to be conducive to a professional atmosphere. :grinpimp:

I have checked around the local area for a room to hold the meetings to no avail. The Honda Rider Education Center that was suggested can only hold 50 people (in a classroom designed for 12). I have checked into the local "community centers" in the IE and they are either too small, they require a large fee or we will need an armed guard for protection. :laughing:

With that said, please post up any suggestions you may have for a future meeting location of FOJV. We are open to any ideas you may have in the Southern California area that can accommodate the group. We could meet in a school, church, warehouse, community center etc. We meet on the first Tuesday of the month and our next meeting is August 5th.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!:)

Jim Knox

#2 · (Edited)
I just confirmed that we can use the Lion's Club Community Center in Grand Terrace (off the 215 fwy) that holds up to 108 people. The Inland Empire 4 Wheel Drive Club has used this facility for years. The only problem is every Tuesday is booked and the first week of each month is also booked.:(

We can hold a meeting there during the second week of the month on a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday.

Jim

#5 ·
Jim-

Are you in touch with Mickey from the Lion's Club? He should be able to work out a time for you. The only problem with that room is that it is very noisey with the a/c on which is very necessary this time of year. If you give me enough notice, I may be able to have a p/a system there for your use during the meeting.

Tim Kemp
President, Inland Empire 4 Wheelrs

#6 ·
Thanks Tim for the info.:) We really appreciate the offer of the PA system. I have been talking to Dani at the Lion's Club. Let's see if there are any other options available before we move the meetings to Grand Terrace and what works for everyone's schedules.

Jim

#8 ·
Any other ideas on a location? We had a lot of requests for LA and Orange County meetings, even the High Desert. We need your suggestions!:)

I somehow misplaced the info on the FOJV mailing list. :( Can someone send out a link to this thread or a simple request on this meeting location topic?

Jim

#9 ·
There is a Sizzler in Corona off of Magnolia. They have a meeting room with a divider. One side holds about 80. Together they hold at least 140+.

We just have a Adopt-A-Trail meeting on Wednesday. There were at least 100 people there with lots of room to spare. There was a Mic/PA w/podium also. A/C works, acoustics are not bad and all you can eat salad bar.

Very near the 91/15 Interchange.

I don't believe that they have a room charge, they assume that they will make the money from the guests.

40 miles from Central OC, 60 from San Diego, probably 45 from the Cajon Pass.

Just throwing it out as an option.

#13 ·
The place I talked to you about is available but there is a small fee required so thats a no go. Plus its in yucaipa which probably is too far for most people.

#14 · (Edited)
I called the Sizzler in Corona and they will work with us. Maximum seating is 150/160 with the partitions removed. I have been to meetings there in the past and it worked well. As Steve said it is equally inconvenient from almost every were. I need a date, time and some agreement and I will move forward with it.

#18 ·
One of the keys to broad based support of the group probably includes conducting meetings in a central location. Corona seems to be a good fit. My only concern is it hopefully isn't too far from the High Desert. Is the room available on the second tuesday of the month (8-12)? Meetings on the second tuesday of the month would avoid the conflicts with meetings by IE4WD and VV4WD, again with the goal to include everyone possible.:)

BTW: Dave, your voice mail is full ... again!:D

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.